Assistant Director - Restructuring (Corporate Turnaround) - London
In today's market, businesses face new and ever evolving disruption from innovation, market shifts, and changes in the capital environment. EY's leading Restructuring team delivers solutions at pace. Whether our clients are companies, government organisations, or financial stakeholders and whether they are on the brink of a crisis or seeking to build resilience in their business, we work closely alongside them to deliver the financial and organisational solutions that enable them to adapt and succeed. Providing leadership in difficult and complex situations, EY's Restructuring team rapidly solves, executes and ultimately transforms the outcome for our clients. Your Key Responsibilities
As a Restructuring Corporate Turnaround Assistant Director, you'll take a supporting role in Turnaround origination efforts by qualifying targets, helping to develop robust points of view on pursuits and preparing compelling go-to-market collateral.
You will take responsibility in full time efforts on the ground with clients in a credible manner. This may be as a project lead, programme manager or work stream lead.
You'll help to establish the basic building blocks for Turnaround work within the team; supporting the maturation of the team's turnaround proposition and supporting the Senior Management in creating rigour around the new opportunity pipeline.
You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help your Director to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. Skills and Attributes for Success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Turnaround (or operational restructuring) planning & execution
- Strategic acumen to "get" big picture
- Desire to roll up sleeves to deliver
- Strong (pragmatic) project management skills are essential
- Exceptional communication skills
- Specialist expertise in several of:
- Rapid cost reduction
- Strategic profit improvement
- Business (financial) planning
- Footprint optimisation
- Crisis/stakeholder management
Ideally, you'll also have
- Spent the bulk of your career working company-side
- Situational (turnaround and crisis management) pedigree
- Experience working in a turnaround boutique would also be ideal
- Also would consider candidates with demonstrable turnaround expertise honed in a strategy firm, Big 4, PE and/or industry
What we look for
- A hands-on approach and can get things done
- A results-focused mindset (at pace)
- Credible board leadership
- An ability to be able to influence and build consensus
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly throughout a period a growth within the Corporate Turnaround Restructuring team. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.