Assistant Director - Operational Transaction Services (Cyber)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Job Title: Assistant Director - Operational Transaction Services (Cyber) Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
EY's market leading Operational Transaction Services (OTS) team provides IT & Operations advice to corporate and private equity firms who intend to acquire, divest or restructure businesses. The team comprises advisors with specialist commercial, operations, IT and deal/transaction experience from industry, advisory and audit backgrounds.
We are seeking to further expand our team with an Assistant Director who preferably has previous M&A experience or comes from large-scale consulting background. As an Assistant Director you'll use your intellectual guile and enthusiasm to apply your Cyber skills across the M&A transaction lifecycle and support the Senior Management team on a number of pre-deal diligence, portfolio review and corporate carve-outs & integrations. Whilst many projects will utilise your specialist Cyber skills you will also work on a broader range of transaction advisory work throughout the year.
Your key responsibilities
As a Cyber Assistant Director within our Operational Transaction Services team, you'll apply your Cyber know-how into a transaction environment operating under tight M&A timeframes and demands and be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role. As a consultant you'd use your deep knowledge of cyber security risks and work on projects across Digital Transformation, IT Transformation and Big Data.
Skills and attributes for success
- Have a strong desire to work in a M&A environment operating across the transaction lifecycle,
- Experience working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role where you can demonstrate the ability to perform and summarise Cyber analysis into management insights and recommended actions at pace
- Demonstrate knowledge of Digital transformation, IT transformation, Big Data, Internet of Things and Mobile technologies
- Be familiar with data protection regulations including EU GDPR / UK DPA as well as industry standards and frameworks such as PCI, ISO27001 and SANS Critical controls
- Knowledge of SDLC and one or more software development languages, such as Java, C/C++, .Net.
- Be flexible to support on broader IT & Operational transaction work not necessarily related to Cyber Security
- Support and lead meetings with senior client stakeholders to advise, shape and drive the strategy and planning for integration, carve-out / separation and operational restructuring
- Take ownership for Quality and Risk Management (Q&RM) to ensure client work is delivered consistently and in compliance with EY's quality standards
- Lead and manage internal practice development including development of tools, accelerators, methodologies and market propositions
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing and reviewing high calibre reports, papers, presentations and thought leadership.
- A track record of successful project delivery in corporate businesses where you are responsible for managing project team members and vendors
- Have a broad range of IT experience including, infrastructure, applications, databases and networks
- Have deep knowledge of Cyber Security risks, controls and governance within corporate environments and how these support and can enhance business operations
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in supporting sales and business development processes for professional services projects in a large-scale consulting environment
- Experience in providing Cyber Security advice within multiple transactions, spanning a broad range of industry sectors, providing deal-relevant points of view and recommendations to clients leveraging your Cyber and IT experience
- Cyber / Information Security certification (such as CISSP)
What we are looking for
You'll be a trusted business consultant to our clients and use your deep knowledge of multiple Cyber security technologies to work closely to their needs. Your proven project management and stakeholder management experience will be key to the role. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.