- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director – Sales Analytics
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Sales Analytics department of Moody's Analytics (MA) is responsible for controlling and operating the variable compensation program for the MA global Sales team. This includes assigning credit for transactions to sales professionals, calculating commission payments, and reporting results. This is achieved by using and maintaining a Sales Performance Management (SPM) system in conjunction with Salesforce.com CRM system, and by partnering closely with Sales reps and managers.
The Assistant Director - Sales Analytics will be part of the team responsible for:
- Territory Management: working with sales managers to define territory coverage for each of c.350 sales representative in terms geographic, product, customer and other Salesforce.com transaction attributes. This involves maintenance of data hierarchies for these attributes, and close collaboration with the SPM system maintenance team to operationalize the territory rules.
- Transactional analysis: identifying and analyzing complex sales orders such as cancellations, adjustments and contract merges; ensuring each transaction is classified correctly in Salesforce.com for commissions calculation and sales reporting.
- Maintaining the comparative sales transaction dataset in Salesforce.com, which is used to measure subscription sales growth.
- Tracking the structure of the sales team by documenting transfers, new hires and leavers.
- Verifying that the combination of sales orders, comparative transactions, forecast transactions, territory rules and team structure provide the correct performance metrics in the SPM system for commission calculations and management reporting.
- Providing excellent customer service to the sales team, leveraging case management software to implement changes and respond to queries.
Individual responsibilities may include:
- Spending an initial period learning end to end systems and processes to develop the knowledge required to perform a management role.
- Participating in cross-functional teams within MA on system enhancement initiatives or new business acquisitions as needed.
- Ensuring that controls are in place, processes are followed, service levels and deadlines are met.
- Managing and motivating members of the Sales Analytics team including technical oversight, coaching/mentoring and personal/career development.
- Furthering the team's efforts on process automation and exception report development.
- Working with others in the broader Sales Analytics department to develop analysis and reporting for territory deployment effectiveness.
We are seeking someone who is equipped to provide leadership, demonstrate knowledge of the domain, eager to learn and provide their own insights on improvement opportunities, and works well as part of a team.
Qualifications, experience and key skills:
- Qualification in Finance/Accounting or related field is required; advanced degree preferred.
- Extensive experience within a finance environment. Experience with commissions is a plus
- Good management experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM or similar system strongly preferred, including a thorough understanding of data structures and hierarchies.
- Strong leadership and communication skills: ability to motivate and manage a team; a skilled communicator, confident interacting with senior stakeholders and managing their expectations.
- Analytical, logical and strategic thinker, able to structure and communicate ideas clearly and contribute to decisions taken by the Sales Analytics leadership team.
- Goal oriented: able to manage multiple priorities, eliminate obstacles and drive success; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Adaptable and able to respond quickly to a constantly changing and growing business environment.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office tools required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.