- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 18
Assistant Director – Academic Specialist
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Assistant Director - Academic Specialist is responsible for all online training content, and develops, manages and maintains that content within Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions group, with a particular focus on commercial and corporate lending. This role primarily requires the candidate to author and maintain content and help design innovative eLearning solutions for the credit and risk side of the Learning Solutions business. Additionally, this person will work closely with the sales team and potential clients as needed as part of the sales process in order to support a rapidly growing business.
Content development includes authoring new content, updating, localising or revising existing content, and manages and approves the creation of content authored by other internal or external subject matter experts. Content is principally focussed on online learning materials, case scenarios or simulations, assessment questions or any other delivery format Moody's uses. The role supports business initiatives by ensuring that revenue generating products are developed on schedule and with the highest quality standards.
- Author and maintain online credit and risk content.
- Provide subject matter expertise, consulting, recommendations and ideas to support activities with clients.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of credit lending scenarios through a practical simulation of the full application, analysis, and decision making process.
- Review and QA content authored by other content specialists.
- Collaborate with the market and product specialists for product demos, answering technical questions, and describing Moody's approach.
- Assess client needs by providing consultative services and understanding specific challenges faced by their business or industry.
- Create, implement and manage content development plans, budgets and schedules for new courses and for updates and revisions to existing courses.
- Monitor industry and competitive landscape for information required to update course content and ensure content remains accurate and relevant.
- Work closely with internal and/or external partners to schedule course updates and revisions.
- Collaborate with the Learning Design and Technology groups and other internal and/or external partners on the development of the overall learning experience for students enrolled in related courses.
- Provide mentoring and course support services to students to create a value-added learning experience.
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events. The Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions business in Canada operates as the Canadian Securities Institute, the leading provider in Canada of financial learning, credentials and certification.
- Undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, preferably in business or commerce.
- Graduate/second-level degree (e.g., MBA, Master's) preferred.
- Experience working with credit risk assessment and analysis of financial statements in a commercial, small business or corporate lending capacity, often through experience in one or more functional areas (e.g., credit origination, risk analysis, credit management roles, etc.).
- Strong accounting background or experience is required.
- Experience and/or demonstrated skills and experience writing educational, training materials.
- Previous involvement in overseeing, developing or delivering eLearning training is an asset.
- Strong consulting capabilities with the ability to effectively interface with senior officers and key stakeholders.
- A solid team orientation, with demonstrated capacity to both influence direction and accept sound input, all with the goal of arriving at world-class training solutions.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products and services.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills (English with other languages as assets).
- Must be self-motivated, have a high level of initiative, be results and detail-oriented and strive for excellence.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, often independently to achieve goals and objectives.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Familiarity or experience with eLearning platforms and content management systems is an asset.
- Comfort level working with technology and in collaboration with technology specialists in an eLearning setting.
- Familiarity or experience with eLearning authoring tools and experience working with web pages and design is an asset but not a requirement.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.