Assistant Company Secretary
A leading firm in banking and financial services requires an Assistant Company Secretary to join their team. Responsibilities:
- Corporate Governance: To support the Assistant Company Secretary to all UK companies to support compliance of all UK companies with the Companies Act by compiling UK corporate action board and shareholder minutes for UK companies; administer and register corporate actions for UK companies in respective internal databases and with external registers.
- Corporate Database Management and Administration: To support the Corporate Secretary & Advisory Team In administration and control of corporate databases including co-ordination with UK and some non-UK contacts (Front Office, Legal transaction lawyers, FA, Tax, Treasury, New Business and UKIB Management) and ongoing reporting updating and maintaining corporate database records.
- Work in the Corporate Secretary & Advisory Team to provide support and administration advice on the UK entity processes (New Entity, NB (New Business), LER (Legal Entity Rationalization)); Accounts approval process, DNC (Director Nomination Committee); public disclosures.
- Qualified as a Chartered Secretary with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries (ICSA)
- Minutes taking experience.
- Meticulous accuracy and high attention to detail in every aspect of work; a sense of personal responsibility and pride in one's work.
- High level of confidentiality with the ability to develop and maintain successful relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Confidence in dealing with senior management.
- Logical thinker, who demonstrates solid judgement, troubleshoots problems and identifies potential solutions.
- Ability to maintain calm, professional approach throughout busy, deadline periods.
- First class communicator; written and spoken.
- Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective; ability to juggle conflicting priorities.
- Must have a robust nature, determined to succeed and looking for success, involvement and hard work.
- Flexibility with regards to tasks and hours worked is essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.