Assistant Business Manager
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Assistant Business ManagerJunior Product & Client Solutions Business Manager
This role sits in the C&IS Product & Client Solutions Business Management Function and will incorporate Communications and Business Management
This role is suitable for somebody who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic function working across a multiple range of diverse initiatives. The junior business manager role would give you significant access to senior management so candidate must be comfortable interacting with a wide range of stakeholders across all areas of the bank
We're looking for someone like that to become:
• Core Member of the business management function which will support senior execs across a wide-range of deliverables around business management and communications
• Coordinate the quarterly MIS deliverables working in cooperation with the differing Product Areas to pull the key quarterly messages and quarterly updates. Partner with the C&IS Product manager to improve the existing MIS
• Partnering with the Business Manager to ensure that there is robust Governance process, management reporting and business processes are appropriate for the oversight of the business and the discussion of key issues.
• Ensure there is robust roadmap and strategy documentation for all products
• Key point of contact/ gatekeeper with the many stakeholders for the broader C&IS Organisation
• Assisting the C&IS Product Business Manager with adhoc initiatives and presentations and propose potential solutions across a wide range of initiatives
• You will interact daily with the wider Product Team, Product Development with specific requests in helping support the day to day operating of the business
• Support the 2019 Capital Planning process : Partnering to ensure that ensuring that the C&IS Product Executive has enough information to make key decisions on moving forward with key initiatives as well as understand as well as tracking the core financials
• Crisis Management - Co-ordinate and drive execution on adhoc projects/ initiative/ regulatory /sales required by the business which need to be completed in a timely fashion
• Deal with ad hoc requests as required which will cover a broad spectrum of topics related to the business.
• Communicate complex and important messages to key stakeholders in a succinct fashion
Your experience and skills :
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and confidence in presenting ideas and analysis to senior management
• Proven track record of interfacing with a wide range of people and have excellent time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrable success with executive-level initiatives, complex problem analysis and resolution, and handling multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously to deadline
• A strategic and creative thinker, able to generate ideas and influence senior management
• Comfortable with data, able to identify risks and opportunities and react accordingly
• Flexible self-starter with the ability to work independently or collaboratively, across multiple regions
• Proficient across the Microsoft Office application suite and otherwise fully computer literate
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$135 billion in banking assets
$8.1 trillion in assets under custody
$10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$1.1 trillion in assets under management