Assistant Accountant - Private Equity
Our client is an international private equity business based in central London; a successful business who continue to grow at a rapid pace. A new role has arisen for an Assistant Accountant who will play an essential role supporting the finance function. This opportunity would be suitable for a degree educated ACA/ACCA/CIMA studying accountant, looking to continue their career in Accounting within the Private Equity space.
* Processing daily/weekly journals in SAGE for bank, revenue, expense and balance sheet transactions
* Conduct periodic reconciliation of accounts to ensure their accuracy
* Assist with completion of monthly bank reconciliation
* Prepare monthly management accounts for GP companies
* Prepare annual statutory accounts and reports for allocated corporate entities
* Provide documentation as required to auditors for the Group/ Corporate and SOX audits
* Assist in the preparation of regulatory returns to the FCA and SFC
* Support the finance team with any other projects as required
* Minimum of 2 years experience as a part qualified accountant within an Accountancy practice or within Financial Services (someone already studying ACA/ACCA/CIMA, having passed exams)
* Excellent IT skills, Microsoft Office including advanced Excel.
* Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Good concentration
* Excellent attention to details.
* Ability to work quickly and accurately
* Ability to work on their own initiative
* Excellent team player
* To work with a market leader
* Full study support for ACA/ACCA/CIMA
* Rare opportunity to join and train with a top Private Equity firm at the part qualified level