A rare opportunity for a part-qualified accountant to join an ambitious Private Equity business with ambitious growth plans and the chance to join an evolving finance function where the role itself is likely to develop and broaden significantly.
Acting as Accounts Assistant to the Finance Manager the role will be responsible for the accounts payable and receivable duties of the management companies.
A qualifying role, this AA will be expected to ask questions and develop their knowledge of the finance function and be very hands-on posting entries from AP, AR, cash book and journals as necessary.
Following the financial control procedures, the role will prepay payment runs for the head office companies.
Preparing reconciliations of key accounts and ensure all items are dealt with and queries resolved.
Key Objectives / Responsibilities
- Preparation of Management Accounts of UK subsidiaries
- Journal preparation, Prepayments / Accruals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare audit information
- Working with auditors to resolve queries where possible
- Working on SAGE 200 and MS Excel
- Processing purchase invoices and Resolving client/supplier queries
- Processing expenses and credit card payments and recharges
- Raising sales invoices
- Preparing payments runs
- Reconciling Bank Accounts and Cashbooks
- Ad-hoc assistance to the management accounts
PERSON SPEC / KEY COMPETENCIES
- ACCA/CIMA PQ and actively qualifying as an accountant.
- Attention to detail
- Curiosity and confidence to ask questions and gain an understanding of the discipline
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills (eg vlookups / pivot tables) preferred.
- Experience of using SAGE 200 (beneficial)Experience of using SAGE 200 (beneficial)
- Performance oriented
- Private equity and property experience would be advantageous, but not essential.