- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
An SME banking client of ours is looking for an Assistant Accountant who has good experience in a Regulatory capacity. This role will report into the financial controller.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with branches to obtain information for inclusion in management, statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Analytical review of branch performance.
- Preparation of value added tax return for the branch(es) based on the reporting guidelines for each jurisdiction.
- Preparation of regulatory returns for branches based on reporting requirements for each jurisdiction.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all staff members.
- User acceptance testing on new infrastructure.
- Revenue and expense budgets monitoring.
- Internal regulatory liquidity reporting.
- Cover for assistant regulatory accountant.
- Resolution of outstanding items on bank reconciliation for branches.
- System and procedure documentation.
- Maintenances on core banking application
To be considered for this role you must be part qualified at least with 2-3 years of relevant experience in ideally banking or the wider FS sector. You must ideally have FCA/PRA regulatory experience or as a bare minimum BOE returns.