- £28,000 - £32,000 per annum, depending on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 11 Sep 18 2018-09-11
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a multi-family investment office. Our client is seeking an Assistant Accountant to support the FC and CFO in the day to day running of the finance function. This position would suit a highly motivated individual currently studying towards their accountancy qualification.
- Ensure the finance function runs smoothly and operates effectively so clients are invoiced (and cash collected), suppliers' bills processed (and paid), cash accounts are reconciled in a timely manner and journals are input to the accounting system.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate financial accounting records are maintained and fully reconciled on an appropriate system that can be used to prepare Annual Accounts and other periodic statements and returns.
- Assist with development and maintenance of management information that provides management with the necessary data and analysis to manage the strategic direction and daily control of the business.
- Assist in ensuring that the regulated companies prepare, submit and, where appropriate, have audited all periodic returns, reports and analyses.
- Liaise with auditors and all other parties to deal with and resolve all issues as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a close and effective relationship with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA).
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Highly organised and used to delivering on time and to a high standard
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail orientated with a hands-on approach and a positive, proactive attitude.
- Act with honesty, integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out all responsibilities.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for almost 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com