- £30,000 - £35,000 + study support + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Our Client, an international private equity firm is looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the Financial Controller with the production of management and financial information for the business. This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and ambitious part qualified accountant looking to work as part of a small and high profile team. The successful candidate will manage the relationship with the external administrators and produce management information for the business on a monthly, quarterly and adhoc basis.
Supporting the Financial Controller on the production of management information for the business.
o Maintaining the internal models used to produce the management accounts.
o Assisting the Financial Controller in the production of the budgets, management accounts and accompanying schedules.
o Preparing of monthly and annual rolling cash flows.
o Ah hoc analysis for Board reporting.
o Assisting the Financial Controller to produce the financial reports to the Management and Operations Committee, the Executive Committee and the Partnership Board.
o Assisting the Financial Controller with the preparation and distribution of Board Packs.
o Assisting the Financial Controller with the preparation of the annual budget.
· Supporting the Financial Controller with the production of the annual financial statements.
o Preparation of supporting schedules to the financial statements.
o Liaison with the external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
· Day to day supervision of the work of the outsource providers.
o Ensuring invoices are coded correctly by the admin assistant prior to dispatch to administrator.
o Reviewing payroll runs for accuracy prior to dispatch to administrator.
o Review of general, suppliers and Debtors ledgers produced by administrators.
o Review of monthly reporting packs from administrators.
o Overall responsibility for income and expenditure.
o Review of suppliers and debtors ledgers.
o Review of banks reconciliations.
o Review month end accounts produced by the administrators.
· Other duties
o Preparation of quarterly and annual FCA returns.
· Ideally part-qualified accountant with first time passes to date.
· Degree educated (First or 2:1) with strong academics.
· Strong IT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
· Strong aptitude for numbers.
· Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills.
· Be efficient, reliable and thorough.
· Able to communicate effectively and adapt to different communication and work styles.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/