We are looking to build a team of JAVA experts allocated to different streams of a specific programme, across 2 main business lines: Prime Finance & Cash Equities.
Our client, a major Investment Bank, has agreed with another bank to transfer business and assets from their Prime Finance and Electronic Equities businesses.
In this context, our client needs to ensure a seamless transition for clients through the migration of technology as well as key staff from one bank to the other.
This is a unique opportunity to work on a highly visible, complex and challenging programme where benefits for our client will be concretely seen at delivery.
Roles & Responsibilities
Our client operates in agile environment where necessity for rapid delivery co-exists with maintaining global consistency and stability of the application.
The client works in a close collaboration with the business stakeholders and with other development teams located in different regions and responsible for various parts of Equities technology landscape (order management and execution systems, back office, reference data, etc).
Team members enjoy performance-oriented culture and positive atmosphere.
The role covers all aspects of development lifecycle from requirements analysis and solution design to successful implementation and SL3 support of delivered product.
It will involve the following major areas:
- Implementing new functionality in Global Middle Office/Trade Capture platforms according to business requirements
- Implementing adapters to back office systems
- Working closely with core teams and occasionally contributing to the development of shared framework and other platform-level tools and re-usable components
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in back-end components development/re-engineering/support
- Provide effective technical solutions
- Perform code reviews, ensure code/design quality
- Automated tests development
- Effective communication with stakeholders
- Accurate tasks progress and time reporting
- Release instruction and production rollout review and support
- Code/functionality documentation
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of professional development on Java or equivalent experience within the industry
- Excellent knowledge of core Java, such as collections, multithreading, memory consumption, GC
- Experience in working with high frequency/low latency data processing systems
- Experience with high volume data processing systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Understanding algorithm complexity
What would be a plus:
- Hands-on experience with messaging platforms such as Ultra messaging (LBM), Solace, JMS
- Hands-on experience with FIX protocol
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux
- Understanding Equity trading workflows
- Agile/XP development experience including test driven development
- Understanding of disrupter programming pattern
- Hands-on experience with Axiom, Bandwagon, VAS programming