The role is based within the Treasury dept. of VTB Capital plc in London. Although part of the wider Finance function the London Treasury team consists of a total of 2 staff currently. The role requires the holder to manage the liquidity and daily cash management requirements of the Bank to ensure adequate liquidity is available in the required currency at the correct time. Without this function being correctly performed the Bank would not be able to support the wider trading activities of the Front office / Client activity.
The key challenge of this role is ensuring efficient management of limited resources, whilst still providing maximum flexibility to the Bank’s trade execution / sales teams and minimizing costs.
The key deliverables of the role are:
• Efficient trade execution with low cost impact
• Efficient cash management to ensure nostros / custodians are correctly funded
• Production of timely and accurate MI
• Compliance with internal policies and procedures
This is an independent role with limited day to day supervision. The incumbent will be expected to manage their own time and conform to strict deadlines. Exposure will be given to trade execution in FX, FI and MM products. Currently the role has no direct reports but does involve interaction with the wider Bank. Treasury act as the gatekeepers for ensuring the entity meets threshold liquidity conditions at all times.
- Liquidity and cash management ensuring best practice and adherence to regulatory limits at all times
- Best price execution of transactions for funding and cash management
- Analysis of cash ladders and other MI to highlight any potential breaches and risks.
- Nostro Balance management and cash flow forecasting
- Internal transfer pricing operational process
- Risk manage positions in accordance with the firms risk limits and risk procedures
- Awareness of and compliance with the firms risk policies and procedures
- This role falls under the category of an approved or certified person role and as such will require the holder to pass the CISI UK Financial Regulations examination.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Finance or numerate Degree is desirable
- Financial institution experience, preferably in a treasury / liquidity management role
- Experience in FX markets and other financial instruments trade execution would be advantageous (but not essential)
- Settlements experience in Bonds / Equities would be beneficial
- Proficiency in Excel
- CISI UK Financial Regulation (Capital Markets Programme) qualification preferable
Typical Decisions taken by Job Holder
The role does not have any financial targets but Treasury are required to minimise execution costs and maintain a deminimus annual P/L
The primary focus will be on cash management and so involve execution of FX Swaps to provide funding in secondary currencies where required.
The role will require active dialogue with both settlement teams and Front office traders to understand resource requirements from trading activity.
The job holder will take decisions on best execution pricing and maintaining the required Regulatory Asset profile.