This is a great opportunity to work an internal Audit role with a Big 4 consultancy covering Asset and wealth management. A career within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
You will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships
This role provides a great opportunity for an individual with experience in Asset & Wealth Management or Regulation to join our growing team and gain exposure to dynamic clients in these industries. We work with a broad range of clients from small organisations to large multinationals, specialist firms to complex businesses, spanning the wealth management, pensions, hedge fund and private equity sub-sectors.
Essential skills and experience
- An Accountancy or Internal Audit qualification;
- Experience in auditing financial and operational controls within a wide range of business processes within the Asset Management sector;
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level;
- Strong analytical and project management skills;
- Identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients, as well as drafting the related sections of formal reports;
- The ability to work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels;
- Experience in supervising and developing junior staff;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the wider team.
- An understanding of relevant regulatory issues;
- The ability to contribute and create new initiatives and be responsive to change