- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Apr 19
Asset Servicing Operations # 128158
The area is a busy environment working in a small team providing local and specialised support to the private banking business in London. Although core Operational processes (trade support, settlements, and elements of asset servicing) have been outsourced, the oversight and control of these functions remains in London.
Complex processing, which includes the Asset Servicing client and market election process, projects and regulatory change are the specific focus areas of the Ops team. Key attributes are accuracy, ability to work under pressure and delivery of business initiatives and projects on time.
- SME support and guidance to colleagues in outsourced locations ensuring process flows and control steps are adhered to and providing a defined escalation path for business issues.
- Preparing and running regular meetings demonstrating the appropriate level of governance is being maintained.
- Understanding benchmarks KPI/KRI that are in place and performing daily/weekly checks to monitor performance, highlighting red flags as appropriate.
- Review and release of corporate action even information to clients.
- Processing complex events, client/market election reconciliation and front office liaison.
- Asset Servicing regulatory projects/business initiatives, resolving incidents and system testing are also handled locally.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Corporate action processing experience.
- Understanding of Swift.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Good team player and communication skills.
- Ability to achieve results under tight deadlines and drive process forward to a conclusion.
- Desirable to have trade support/settlements knowledge (desirable).
- Understanding of SYSC 8 requirements (desirable).
- Globus T24 experience (desirable).
- Strong technical knowledge of the UK, European and US market along with an understanding of Hedge Funds and the impact of Cass regulations on Operational processes (desirable).
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.