Asset Services, Voluntary Corporate Actions - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Oct 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations.
The London Voluntary Corporate Actions team in SSBO is a critical part of the global group responsible for Asset Servicing at Morgan Stanley. The team is responsible for setting up and processing client elections on EMEA voluntary equity corporate actions and as a result has high levels of interaction with all Business Units with a primary focus on core the businesses of Prime Brokerage, Stock Lending and Equity Swaps.
To set up and send out corporate action information to clients accurately and in a timely manner also manage the election process for a corporate action through to deadline, balancing long and short positions and sending instructions to our local agent bank. This involves:
- Understanding the different types of corporate action event and their nuances.
- Understanding Morgan Stanley's accounting structure.
- Managing Client, Firm risk during the lifecycle of the a corporate action event
- Developing a strong and trusting relationship with stakeholders.
- Developing relationships with all of our agent banks, registrars, and exchanges.
- Collecting any required legal or jurisdictional documentation.
- Providing input into new service level agreements.
- Liaising with legal around restriction.
- Submit elections to agent bank
- Communicating with external agents and internal business units; another essential component of the role is dealing with ad hoc requests from a variety of different Business Units across Morgan Stanley, e.g. Client Service Groups, Private Wealth Management and Financial Controllers, as and when they arise.
Another essential component of the role is dealing with ad hoc requests from a variety of different Business Units across Morgan Stanley, e.g. Client Service Groups, Private Wealth Management and Financial Controllers, as and when they arise.
You will use a combination of industry tools (e.g. Euclid, Webmax and SWIFT) and market leading proprietary systems (e.g. Scorpio and ASRV) in daily work.
This is a dynamic team operating in fast paced environment where attention to detail and risk awareness is critical along with a need to be able to analyse a changing situation quickly and to make well informed decisions under pressure. The ability to develop strong and trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders is critical to success in this role.
The ideal candidate should display the following:
- Experience of EMEA Voluntary Corporate Actions
- Good analytical skills
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- Commercial understanding of the markets and a client needs
- Good time management and attention to detail is essential, as the role is in a high volume, high risk area that works to strict deadlines
- Strong Communication skills
- Can work well under pressure, lending control and order to a difficult or pressurised situation
- Strong organizational skills, to be able to use time well and prioritise tasks effectively
- Attention to detail, risk awareness and appropriate escalation
- Good time management is essential, as the role is in a high volume, high risk area that works to strict deadlines
We expect that the likely candidates may have developed the necessary competencies in a similar role across a 12 month period within voluntary corporate actions processing.
- Knowledge of settlement rules of EMEA markets
- Knowledge of corporate actions
- The candidate should be hardworking, intelligent, motivated & able to work well under pressure.
- They should be courteous, mature with a pleasant & outgoing personality.
- They should be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.