Asset Management / Syndication Lawyer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Jan 18 2018-01-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Deleveraging and Lending Group (DLG) focuses on traditional commercial real estate lending as well as warehouse lending for performing and non-performing loan pools. The business which sits within Morgan Stanley’s Fixed Income Division is recognized for providing traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients throughout Europe to execute their business strategy.
DLG is looking to recruit an experience finance lawyer to assist with the asset management and syndication aspects of commercial real estate and warehouse lending transactions. The ideal candidate will have experience across a broad range of commercial real estate and structured / warehouse lending transactions. This is a varied and exciting role with plenty of scope to develop within a busy and growing team. The role is not transaction driven and accordingly offers potentially more flexibility.
- Responsibility for legal aspects of Asset Management including:
- Review of near final facility documents from an asset management perspective
- On-boarding / general asset management queries
- Conditions Subsequent
- Consent / Amendment requests
- Repayment of Facilities
- Assisting with syndication of both commercial real estate and structuring / warehouse lending transactions including:
- Assisting syndication team with legal queries and preparation of marketing materials
- Answering legal syndication queries from syndication accounts
- Oversight of legal process related to closing of syndications
- Reviewing syndication documents
- Overseeing closing process for syndication
Skills required (essential)
- At least 4+ PQE City or equivalent banking law experience with a major law firm or investment bank.
- Experience in either commercial real estate lending or structured / warehousing lending transactions.
- Previous asset management and / or syndication experience desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and presentations
- Good organisation skills
- Confident, self-starter, assertive and energetic
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents .