Asset Management Division, Real Estate Investing, Analyst/Associate - London
Goldman Sachs is one of the world's leading investors in alternative investments. With over 30 years of experience, we invest in the full spectrum of alternatives, including private equity, growth equity, credit, real estate, infrastructure, ESG, and absolute-return strategies. Our clients access these solutions through our direct proprietary strategies, customized strategic partnerships, and open-architecture programs. Our alternative investment teams represent over 1,000 professionals, across 31 offices around the world. We leverage the depth and breadth of global relationships across Goldman Sachs to identify investment opportunities, drawing on our firm-wide capital market insights, industry research, and risk management platforms. We extend these capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, family offices and individuals, for which we invest or advise on over $300 billion of alternative investments.
The Real Estate Investing and Lending group provides investment and asset management services in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions and external parties as appropriate. Our work is multi-dimensional covering key markets, industry sectors, product types and geographies. If you're passionate about real estate and finance, have strong analytical skills and are a great communicator who is eager to make an impact, this could be the right opportunity for you Responsibilities:
- Researching and evaluating potential real estate investment opportunities, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Working closely with deal team leaders and other senior members of the Real Estate team, leading transaction execution on a day-to-day basis (with specific focus on financial modelling, due diligence, and liaising with internal and external stakeholders)
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of Investment Committee materials for the consideration of the MBD Real Estate Investment Committee
- Involvement in the documentation, structuring and financing aspects of transactions
- Experience in real estate, portfolio and/or asset management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to self-direct, analyse and evaluate and form independent judgements
- Strong financial analysis/modelling experience
- Solid analytical/critical thinking mind-set and attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and all MS Office products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders
- Languages - European languages preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity