Asset Management Division, Alternative Investments & Manager Selection, Petershill - Associate/ Vice President
GOLDMAN SACHS ASSET MANAGEMENT (GSAM)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. AIMS: Alternative Investments & Manager Selection
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection ("AIMS") Group is responsible for identifying, researching and selecting leading third-party investment managers. The group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, secondaries, GP stakes, real estate managers, public equity and fixed income strategies.
With over 350 professionals across 11 offices globally, the AIMS Group helps institutional and individual investors with their program design, manager diligence, portfolio construction and risk management. The investment solutions in AIMS have a long history and our programs have seeded and partnered with many of the world's most prominent alternative investment managers.
Today, AIMS oversees over $300 billion across portfolios of both customized and commingled fund solutions as one of the world's broadest, deepest and longest-standing "open architecture" programs. We manage globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors generally access opportunities through new fund commitments, secondary market investments, co-investments, seed capital investments, investment manager equity / revenue share stakes, or fund of fund solutions. Petershill Team
The Petershill Team are a leading GP stakes investor with the longest tenure in the industry as well as top quartile historic performance. The team oversee roughly $11bn of commitments from external investors and are also the operating partner for a recently listed public company - Petershill Partners Plc. We are looking to hire an Associate/Vice President who will primarily be responsible for managing Investor Relations for the publicly listed company. Responsibilities include the development and production of marketing and other investor update materials, attending investor meetings and managing ad-hoc requests related to the public company and investment strategies, maintaining relationships with our established investor base, the research and analysis of relevant market data, the drafting of responses to investor questions and requests for information as well as other impactful investor projects and financial analysis. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities
- Produce and update marketing and other investor materials, including but not limited to investor relations roadmap, marketing materials, performance and data analysis, update call and annual meeting materials, and other ad hoc investor portfolio updates or inquiries
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team on Investor Relations strategy, including investor/analyst outreach, messaging, inbounds, conference participation, roadshows and Investor Day events
- Coordinate closely with investment team and other internal stakeholders such as legal, risk management, operations, compliance, controllers and tax in order to effectively respond to inbound investor requests and inquiries
- Manage relationships with our key investors, brokers and equity research analysts, sharing our latest insights and company views
- Help deliver new business development activities such as completion of requests for information (RFIs) and due diligence questionnaires (DDQs) as required
- Effectively articulate the role of private equity strategies within an investor's portfolio and explain to internal and external stakeholders the investment strategy
- Draft responses to and run analytics for investor diligence questions and templates, including ongoing investor deliverables and communications
- Respond to questions internally from senior management and salespeople across all sales channels (private wealth, institutional, third party distribution) related to the platform
- Populate and maintain prospective investor trackers
- Review and analyse sell side models to generate consensus model including financial and operational data and valuation metrics and analyse industry trends, peers etc.
- Collect and monitor analyst reports in addition to analyst consensus in order to provide feedback to the leadership team
- Work closely with the Business, Operations and Finance teams to track quarterly/historical financial data, benchmark vs peers
- Gather and assimilate information and ensure forecast and messaging is aligned with expectations across financial statements
- Help prepare reports regarding stock price/trading, valuation vs. peers, investor perception and peer industry ne
- 4-6 years in a similar or related role
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally for investor meetings and conferences
- Strong interest in private markets and investor relations
- Excellent communication (written and oral), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the capital markets , as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the industry
- Intimately familiar with financial modelling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- Strong organizational skills to manage production of a high volume of quality work within tight timeframes, often including multiple simultaneous projects
- Attention to detail-proven experience of delivering high levels of accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of Excel, PowerPoint and Word and adaptability to learn other software products
- Candidate must be a team player and self-motivated, demonstrating a willingness to take on more responsibility over time
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity