Asset Management Division, Alternative Capital Markets & Strategy, Analyst- London
A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world's leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals. Alternatives Capital Markets & Strategy
(ACMS) is a firmwide group established in 2019 to oversee all institutional capital markets, capital raising, and strategy for alternative investments throughout Goldman Sachs. Engaging with both Goldman Sachs' proprietary direct-investing programs and external managers' open-architecture strategies, the ACMS Group centrally manages capital raising for all alternatives products and portfolio solutions for all institutional investors in alternatives, across private equity, credit, real estate, infrastructure, growth equity, secondaries, GP stakes, impact investing, and absolute-return strategies.
The Client Strategy team within ACMS is responsible for building and growing relationships with existing and new LPs across our Alternatives franchise. The ACMS Client Strategy Team operates globally but is organized regionally and is responsible for delivering the full breadth of our Alternatives products and solutions to clients and prospects of the Firm. Team members are involved in determining client, channel and region specific strategies to deepen existing relationships and broaden our LP base.
This person will be responsible for having direct client coverage responsibilities and will be actively involved in fundraising across the entirety of our Alternatives platform focused on clients in the UK. Principal Responsibilities:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Building, developing and maintaining relationships with existing institutional clients and prospects across alternatives and representing GS at Alternatives industry events
- Responsibility for capital raising of alternatives in the institutional market
- Design and drive product campaigns in the firm's alternatives products -- analyzing market positioning, crafting communication materials, and coordinating capital raises for fund vehicles, customized programs, and co-investment opportunities.
- Address questions and manage strategy-specific engagements from investing clients on private equity, private credit, real estate, infrastructure, growth equity, secondaries, GP stakes, working alongside the ACMS alternative portfolio strategists and firm-wide investment teams.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process on behalf of our investing clients, including completion of RFPs/RFIs, presentation of portfolio data, and navigation of digital portals.
- Manage a range of client and product analytics and dashboards (including product performance analyses and client outcome analyses), assessing data patterns to assist in resource allocation.
- Contribute to thought-leadership and content-generation initiatives, working alongside the ACMS alternative portfolio strategists, to develop materials relating to alternative investment strategies, portfolio construction, and new client approaches for the 2020s.
- Work with the ACMS leadership on ACMS-wide projects, including initiatives in data science, impact/ESG investing strategies, and new communication and design approaches.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the asset management industry.
- Knowledge of and high degree of intellectual curiosity on alternatives investment strategies.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with institutional clients.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Strong organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent work ethic.
- Advanced facility with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior investment banking or capital markets experience is an asset.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html