Asset Management Compliance Manager – Distribution
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 08 Apr 19
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best.
Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
Main function of the job:
The role is primarily responsible for the provision of Compliance services in support of the EMEA WFAM Distribution activities and related client facing functions, including Sales, Client Relations, Client Administration, and Marketing.
The role reports to and supports the EMEA Head of Asset Management Compliance who is responsible for all aspects of compliance for EMEA located Wells Fargo Asset Management entities or business activities, including Wells Fargo Asset Management (International),LLC, ECM Asset Management Limited and Wells Fargo Asset Management (Luxembourg) SA, and liaising with and reporting to regulatory bodies being mainly those in the UK, the EU and the USA.
The EMEA WFAM Compliance function coverage encompasses all business activity of Wells Fargo Asset Management entities in EMEA, including the portfolio management activities of Wells Fargo Asset Management (International), LLC and ECM Asset Management Ltd., in their capacity as multi-asset and fixed income portfolio managers, and the distribution activities through WFSIL and fund management activities of Wells Fargo Asset Management (Luxembourg) SA.
Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Manage the provision of compliance services by the distribution compliance team in support of the EMEA WFAM distribution team and related client facing functions, including Sales, Client Relations, Client Administration, and Marketing.
- Lead the delivery of appropriate distribution compliance services to meet current and anticipated future business needs.
- Manage the marketing material review process to ensure timely and appropriate review consistent with agreed service levels.
- Act as an escalation point for distribution compliance team members.
- Oversee the Compliant management processes for WFAM in EMEA region.
- Oversee the Compliance review of marketing materials and other materials used by the Distribution team in EMEA, or produced in EMEA for use outside EMEA.
- Recommend and act as an advocate for developing improved monitoring and surveillance concerning the UK asset management business particularly as they apply to distribution activities and in particular sales practices.
- Ensure that findings/issues identified are discussed with the business managers and that appropriate remedial action is taken, escalating as appropriate.
- Identify and manage risks and ensure that controls are designed adequately and are evidenced as operating effectively to meet the standards of independent testing; assist in responding to requests from Risk, Audit, Compliance Testing and other parties.
- Assist in developing and creating distribution compliance related policies and procedures as needed.
- Assist, as required, in design and implementation of the annual Compliance Monitoring Program, which includes but is not limited to SEC regulations, CSSF and FCA rules, related to distribution and other client facing activities.
- Assist WFAM / WIM / Wells Fargo Compliance in the USA and elsewhere, and the Luxembourg Management Company and its appointed custodian/fund administrator, as required.
- Ensure the review and approval of RFPs and due diligence documents as required.
- Participate when required in projects to refine the distribution compliance processes and the tools used for this purpose, with an keen focus on maintaining and improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide and ensure the provision of appropriate training / awareness activities to distribution and other client facing teams and others as required.
- Support local, EMEA and US compliance teams where required
- Deputize for the EMEA Head of Asset Management Compliance, as directed.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Demonstrable skills and experience in the management of a team of compliance professionals preferably with regard to the delivery of a distribution element of the compliance program.
- Leadership skills – demonstrable skills and experience of leading all or part of a compliance team.
- Experience of review of financial promotions and other materials designed for the marketing of asset management products preferable including all of UCITS, AIFS, and segregated account capabilities.
- Knowledge of equity and fixed income instruments, including derivatives, and various investment strategies. Knowledge of Multi-asset investing would be preferred.
- Subject matter expert / knowledge of Asset Management products / services and risks associated.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of FCA, and an understanding of European / US SEC regulatory requirements and how these apply to EMEA asset management line of business.
- Preferably hold a relevant industry qualification &/or post graduate qualification.
- Analytical skills – the candidate must be highly analytical with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing information on various subjects.
- Partnership skills- the candidate will be a key partner with the Asset Management business in EMEA and must cultivate and maintain excellent working relationships and credibility with all related business partners including US Compliance and EMEA Regional Compliance and must be viewed as a trusted advisor to key regional senior leadership and distribution team members in WFAM.
- Problem solving skills – the candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify key issues, and obtain appropriate information for further analysis, proffering alternative solutions aligned with the Wells Fargo approach.
- Teamwork skills – the candidate must be flexible in his/her work style and be able to work collaboratively with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Strong PC skills - including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools but also able to understand use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment.
- Unquestionable ethics
- Communication - excellent interpersonal, communication (written and presentation) skills are essential with an ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all supported functions and provide leadership in these aspects of behavior to other team members.
- Flexibility / Initiative – ability to manage multiple requests for information and handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.