The Asset Management Chief Operating Officer designs, implements and maintains the investment data and reporting platform for a range of consumers including Asset Management, Finance, Actuarial and Risk Management functions.
The objective of the role is to identify and articulate asset data requirements, to design an efficient and integrated system and tool infrastructure addressing the requirements of users and to direct its implementation using experts from the IT function. The focus of the role for coming 2-4 years will be the development of an independent, efficient and integrated investment reporting platform for the business.
The position holder also leads the integration of new closed book business, new asset classes or complex asset transfers from a system architecture, data and process perspective.
Key Role Responsibilities (These are the key deliverables and outcomes of the role)
· Lead the design and implementation of the standalone investment platform, comprising data, analytics and reporting functionality
· Lead the identification and articulation of investment data requirements and use cases by a broad range of asset data consumers, including Asset Management, Actuarial, Risk Management and Finance functions, factoring in the connectivity of front-, middle and back-office activities
· Together with enterprise system architects lead the design and specification of an integrated and efficient asset management data and reporting platform that addresses the requirements of users.
· Identify and evaluate third party systems, vendor products and tools to implement the targeted investment platform
· Direct requests for proposals and negotiate contracts with third party system providers and vendors
· Develop project plans and budgets for investment platform linked projects
· Lead or steer projects teams tasked with the implementation of investment platform linked projects
· Specify requirements and guide implementation with internal and external IT resources
· Lead maintenance and improvement of investment data and reporting platform as new use cases are specified
or new products or requirements are added (e.g. as changes in reporting needs or regulations).
· Maintain ultimate responsibility for asset data quality
· Develop target operating models for new closed book acquisitions
· Lead integration of asset data of new closed book acquisitions and manage extension of reporting and analytics platform as required to support the newly acquired business
· Lead the development of reporting and analytics solutions for new products (e.g. valuation models) ensuring that new products can be managed as an integral component of the wider investment data and reporting platform · Manage tool and data licenses supporting the asset data platform · Identify mandates where external consultancy support is required; identify potential providers; select and negotiate terms with external consultants in line with ReAssure's outsourcing standards · Support complex asset initiatives (e.g. shifts of assets between portfolios) or reporting projects from a system and data perspective as required
· Proven track record in designing and implementing integrated investment data, analytics and reporting solutions, e.g. Investment Book of Records (IBOR) and/or Accounting Book of Record (ABOR) solutions
· Very good understanding of databases and business intelligence tools and technologies
· Very good understanding of range of providers of investment data, tool and analytics solutions available in the market and investment platform architectures commonly used by CIO teams
· Good understanding of the main investment products and associated risk metrics and analytics, including but is not limited to corporate debt, government debt, private debt, equities, real estate, derivatives and cash instruments ·
Very strong knowledge of investment analytics and risk management models
· Very good understanding of investment operating platforms and the roles played by the various stakeholders
· Knowledge of the UK regulatory, tax and accounting environment is of advantage · Fluent in English
· Minimum 10 years of experience in Asset Management IT or Operations
· Back-office experience at a financial institution
· Proven track record in a leading role delivering an investment platform at a financial institution
· Experience of presenting towards senior management, project management boards, committees etc.