Asset Management - Trade Management Operations - Associate - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- This is a highly interactive role and as such requires the capability to work effectively with a diverse range of professionals both internally and externally, covering a wide variety of products and functions
- Work with external dealers to provide the necessary documentation and information to allow them to conduct credit review and open derivative trading lines
- Partner with GSAM trading desks to understand investment and trading strategies to be able to provide suitable trading line coverage
- Work closely with Legal, once they negotiate legal documents to support the operational set up of accounts with trading counterparties
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the GSAM legal documents and structure - e.g. IMAs, ISDAs, GMRAs
- Identify potential risks in operational processes; develop and implement controls to mitigate risk
- Analyse, suggest and execute process improvements
- Coordinate controls and sign-offs both internally and externally
- Managing relationships with key trading counterparts including performance metrics and issue tracking
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one to three years of experience in financial services.
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Credit or On boarding experience strongly preferred
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident ability to manage multiple deliverables and prioritize accordingly to meet completing deadlines
- Sound understanding of risk - operational, reputational, client confidentiality
- Basic understanding of regulatory landscape
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity