Asset Management - Trade Management - Business & Market Solutions - Associate - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to be part of a team that is at the forefront of driving change and influencing counter-parties and peers? Technology is rapidly changing our operational environment and the Business & Market Solutions team is leading the way in shaping future solutions. We are seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with internal operational teams, traders, counter-parties (brokers and custodians), peers and vendors to develop innovative solutions to drive efficiency and reduce risk in addition to generating insight and innovative solutions through data analytics.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that allows for business to flow.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is part of the Asset Management Division of the firm. GSAM Operations provides service delivery and risk management in order to create a rigorous control environment for the investment management process. It consists of three broad functional areas, Portfolio Data & Control, Client Management, and Trade Management. The Trade Management team has primary responsibility for all aspects of trade flow, settlement, risk management and counter-party liaison. The group has extensive interaction with internal and external parties both to ensure effective oversight for existing business but also to shape and implement solutions for new products, strategies and systems. Trade Management consists of four functional areas: Pre-Trade, Trade, Post-Trade & Business & Market Solutions (BMS).
The BMS Team provides governance to existing processes and services offered by the appointed brokers and custodians, and additionally seeks to drive and influence change within the business (internal) and more broadly within the industry (external). The team actively engages with market vendors to shape GSAM's technology solutions, provides governance over external engagement, and attends industry forums to keep appraised of industry challenges in order to have an external voice and influence decisions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Serving as the primary point of contact for broker and/or custodian-related strategic initiatives and escalations
• Developing internal line team and external counterpart relationships globally via efficient and effective communication to manage risk and improve work quality/productivity
• Collaborating with a diverse range of professionals; covering a variety of products and functions
• Translating Firm and Operations strategies, goals and objectives into key performance indicators (KPIs) and benchmarking for the external relationships managed
• Conducting big data and exploratory data analysis to drive insight and improvement in counter-party and vendor governance
• Delivering regular service reviews and peer benchmarking (KPIs) via business intelligence tooling to influence Operations and Business decision-making
• Understanding and monitoring operational risk and cost containment through process improvement
• Identifying Operational requirements and/or opportunities to be presented at industry forums
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree and minimum 3 years of relevant financial experience
• Active interest in financial services, client service and Operations
• Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability
• Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills
• Proven analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to apply judgement and effectively manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A risk mindset and meticulous attention to detail
• A flexible individual, able to be innovative and creative in the approach; and comfortable taking on a role that will continue to expand and be defined over time
• Minimum of one year of asset management or middle office experience with broker and/or client facing interaction
• Understanding of Asset Management trade life-cycle
• Experience in Data Analytics & Visualization (such as Alteryx and Tableau) ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity