Asset Management - Company Secretary - Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.8 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Team Summary:
The Board Management team provides a full support service for a number of Open and Closed ended UK, Luxembourg and Irish domiciled funds all of which are managed by JPMorgan Asset Management.
This role will report into the head of the Open-Ended Funds Board Management team and will join the associated management team.
The Board Management team works with a large number of teams across the Asset Management business to ensure that the boards are provided with high quality information in a timely manner, whilst additionally providing relevant and timely updates on any regulatory matters. Role Summary:
The role available is a senior position within the team and will be responsible for supporting the boards of JPMorgan Funds Limited and the OEIC Funds, overseeing the activities of the UK funds. JPMorgan Funds Limited is both an Authorised Corporate Director and an Alternative Investment Fund Manager with responsibility for several different types of fund, including OEICs, Investment Trusts, Real Estate Funds and a Hedge Fund. The combined assets under management for these funds are approximately £28 billion. Primary responsibilities and duties:
Skills & Experience Required:
- Attend board meetings and provide full company secretarial support for the boards of the funds you will be responsible for.
- Work with other teams in developing new products or amend existing ones, ensure that any necessary shareholder notifications have the appropriate content and form.
- Manage the board paper production process effectively, ensuring that papers are sent to Directors in a timely manner.
- Organise and maintain the agenda plan for the year and organise board meetings at least a year in advance.
- Work with other team members to ensure that all action items from board meetings are carried out effectively.
- Help to manage the team making sure that the day to day work is carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Client focused - you must have a client centric mindset with a commitment to integrity, fairness and responsibility.
- Senior experience in a Company Secretarial role is essential, preferably within an asset management environment.
- Technical knowledge - Must have sound company secretarial knowledge including minute taking and the ability to liaise with directors at a high level with a knowledge of UCITS and non UCITS fund structures.
- Relationship management - have the ability to develop partnerships with key business partners, including product development, operations, investment desks, compliance, risk, tax, and internal and external legal counsel.
- Project management - experience of managing a number of projects and managing to tight deadlines with a proven track record of managing projects within a large, highly complex, cross-functional environment.
- Communication, influencing and interpersonal skills - must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to articulate complex ideas, concepts, and solutions at a level appropriate to the recipient.
- Document management - with a keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills which can be competently utilised to manage a large agenda.