Asset Class Program Manager
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Asset Class Program Manager will lead and support the Asset Class Product Managers with complex product management and product development initiatives. This may include support on product changes, enhancements, launches, cross vehicle initiatives, firm initiatives and potential new business requests from the ACPM role. This position emphasizes project management skills to enable effective oversight of and troubleshooting around critical milestones occurring with various product initiatives across asset classes. The role will be responsible for creating a consistent approach across the ACPMs with a repeatable process and identify opportunities for improved process and efficiency. Responsible for program management activities, including contingency/dependency tracking, status reporting, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, and internal/external stakeholder management. Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Leads end-to-end project management activities for complex initiatives. Manages the progress and contributions of workstream leads or subordinate project managers to ensure all activities deliver expected value within committed time frames. Manages contingencies between multiple projects and monitors interdependencies and synergies where required.
- Builds and synthesizes highly detailed project plans, requiring significant stakeholder management skills and interpretation of diverse and varied information. Monitors market changes and stakeholder needs; recommends plan adjustments to meet changing needs. Develops project goals, risks, resource allocation, and roles and responsibilities for assigned projects.
- Secures, leads, motivates, and inspires the internal and external resources required to effectively deliver the program. Establishes the program's governance (e.g., sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). May participate in the evaluation, selection, and management of external resources or vendors. Provides transparency in project progress and effectively anticipates and mitigates major risks across the project life cycle. Proactively crafts feasible solutions to combat risks and issues. Exercises sound judgment, balancing risks and making prompt decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations. Manages communication with management at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues.
- Works with all required functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project(s).
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience AND -8+ years of total relevant work experience.
- MBA or advanced degree
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), demonstrating the ability to influence people at all levels of the organization
- Investment product knowledge
- Project management experience, especially managing and/or communicating status of initiatives to cross-functional stakeholders
- Professional curiosity to identify and drive new ideas of opportunity and an ability to pursue problem resolutions
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.