Architecture and Automation Lead
We are a Global Investment Manager helping institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world to invest money to achieve their goals, fulfil their ambitions and prepare for their future. Now with approximately 4000 people across 6 continents, we have been around for more than 200 years, evolving and adapting as society, technology and the world changes. Who We Are looking For
We're looking for an energetic, skilled and confident engineer to work on expanding, improving and automating our estate. The Team
The End User Team are responsible for a number of key aspects of the company;-
• User Support Services - Proximity Support, Floorwalkers, Support Bar, Training etc.
• Platform Engineering - Delivering the Lifecycle of End User Desktop Environments
• Application Services - Responsible for the Lifecycle of Applications in the End User Desktop Environments
• Mobile and Collaboration - Office 365, Phones, Tablets and associated On Premise services
The team work closely together and are spread across New York, London, Luxembourg, Zurich, Hong Kong and Singapore Collectively they have a huge amount of experience and work closely together on design, project and operational issues. Location
This role is primarily based in London, but some work in our Horsham campus may be required and some travel will be required on an infrequent basis. We encourage members of the team to work from home on at least one day a week. What You Will Do
• Acting as a core part of the team who lead our disciplines to engineer, produce, support and evolve the desktop platforms / user environments within the organisation. This role will be taking up the challenge of delivering competitive advantage to our business through introduction of new technologies, automation of existing processes and refinement of the End User Services areas.
• The primary function of the role will be to build the 'User Story' and drive technology choices to empower our users.
• The secondary function of the role will be to own the automation channel and proactively deliver improved processes for user care.
• The tertiary function is to assist the other End User Services areas in developing their maturity level and raising the standards.
• Working with our international teams to ensure swift implementation of the standardised products, methods, processes, policies, and to promote the tools and functions of the EUC department.
• This role will interact significantly with the various business and technology units, offering cross function assistance, documenting processes, identifying automation opportunities and helping with future design to deliver competitive advantage for the business.
• Building and maintaining the 'User Stories' for technology delivery in the End User space.
• Delivering proof of concept trials to production users and presenting
• Monitoring availability and performance of the user environment identifying opportunities to automate and improve
• Assess, document and build change plan for platform changes as required in conjunction with business and technology teams
• Working closely with the other End User Computing leads, responsible for driving forward related project work The Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications That You Will Have
• Deep interest in new technologies and how they can be leveraged to deliver competitive advantage to an organisation.
• Significant experience in designing and engineering change efforts, using business intelligence and monitoring to demonstrate both opportunity and delivered benefits.
• Technical experience of the desktop environment, including products such as Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, Microsoft Windows, SCCM, scripting technologies, web technologies and desktop platform technologies.
• Experience of Mobility solution design and testing for Laptop / Tablet use (involving client firewalls / VPNs / Network control / AMT)
• Must be able to work independently, exercising good judgment when prioritising multiple tasks. We are Looking For the Best, Whoever You Are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer, meaning that we welcome you whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or age Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.