Application Support Professional– Quantitative Investment Manager
- Excellent earning potential - including relocation package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- O'Connell Resourcing
- 11 Oct 18
A unique and challenging opportunity has arisen in the offshore office of one of Europe's most forward thinking Investment Managers. Our client is offering an excellent opportunity to join the Investment Management Support team of their successful high frequency Investment Manager. Their ideal candidate is someone with very good technical skills from a problem solving background, who is looking to progress their career in a Trading Environment.
The person should possess a solid academic background and be competent at resolving algorithmic trading issues as they arise. It would be advantageous if the person has solid VBA &/or SQL skills, with any further technical skills like C++ or Python being seen as a huge plus. The likely talent pool could include those working within similar roles within financial services firms or perhaps those working at betting companies where the skill set would very much crossover.
The hire has come about due to the team growing and the company wishes to find outstanding technical minded individuals who can contribute to their unique offering. There are a broad range of technologies and systems in use, and the candidate will be working with very smart and personable individuals.
The location of this role may present a hurdle as it requires a relocation, however the upside is that it provides a rare opportunity for someone to gain invaluable experience in a fast-moving trading environment that would further their career immensely as well as having a globally renowned investment manager on their CV. Private accommodation is provided and the monetary benefits of working for a Hedge Fund in a ‘tax haven’ make it a lucrative opportunity.
Brief Role Outline
As a member of the application support team you will be:
- Providing dedicated real time support to the 24 hour trading desks.
- Application Support will be the first point of contact for any real time operational issues firm wide.
- Some issues will be trading critical, others will require a lot of thought and technical skills, both to diagnose and to resolve/improve.
- You will work very closely with the trading desks, spending a lot of time with them.
- You will also need to understand how the various developer teams work, and how their in-house software and applications fit together. Full training will be provided here.
- The nature of the support requires coverage of European/American/Asian time zones via a shift rota.
- The majority of one’s time will be spent working European hours but you will be expected to work each of these shifts on a rotation basis, with around 1 week in 5 being during unsocial hours.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to gain exposure to a trading environment, and to the technology involved in running a sophisticated global hedge fund. You must be self-motivated, a good communicator and possess the technical skills to provide the desired level of support.