Application Support Engineer for Dealerweb
Provide hands-on support for Electronic trading systems with responsibility for application support, system monitoring, problem escalation, responding to system related user queries, level-1 database support as well as deployment of releases to test and production systems. Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Deploy and support complex in-house & 3rd party applications
- Proactively manage business critical real-time trading systems in order to identify issues and potential problem areas
- Interact with various internal IT support functions, Development, Quality Assurance, Operations and external 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Actively identify incidents and as necessary manage the incident resolution process to provide service recovery and manage client communications and expectations in respect to incident resolution
- Ensure compliance with departmental policies (i.e. change management, IT security standards, release management, incident management)
- Work with all parties to provide services to agreed SLA's.
- Work through Annual Disaster Recovery testing and BCP planning
It is also desirable that the candidate can show relevant experience and knowledge of the following areas
- Strong experience and a good working knowledge of real time trading systems
- Excellent problem solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Extensive experience of managing client queries and problems
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience operating in both window's and linux environments
- Basic knowledge of Network elements
- Understanding of Infrastructure/Server components
- Strong scripting skills. (PERL, etc)
- Experience of RDBMS methodology and SQL scripting
- Understanding of MS SQL Server
- Demonstrable experience of managing, owning and delivering high quality projects to objectives and within time scales
- Good working knowledge of application integration and testing
- Strong communications skills with a demonstrable ability to interact and influence at all levels
About the Company:
- Knowledge and experience of database interrogation & manipulation. A technical background, with a good understanding of a range of enterprise technologies, networking & hardware infrastructure
- Enterprise Technology - HP Open View , HP Service Desk or any other Ticketing tool
- Knowledge of .NET, C, C++ and VB technologies is desirable.
Tradeweb Markets builds and operates many of the world's most efficient financial marketplaces, providing market participants with greater transparency and efficiency in fixed income and derivatives. Focused on applying technology to enhance efficiency throughout the trade lifecycle, Tradeweb pioneered straight-through-processing in fixed income and now supports marketplaces for over 20 asset classes with electronic execution, processing, post-trade analysis and market data in an integrated workflow. Customers rely on Tradeweb to drive the evolution of fixed income and derivatives through flexible trading architecture and more efficient, transparent markets.
Tradeweb values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.