Application Support Engineer
Description of the Position:
The Application Support role at Tradeweb is a pivotal role that supports the Institutional Fixed Income Electronic Trading Platform to ensure that clients, dealers and internal Tradeweb teams have a seamless experience. Working as part of a global team the team in London is exposed to incidents and problems that could be raised in Tokyo, London and the US. The role gives you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic high performing team and also to be in the forefront of cutting edge electronic trading technology. Responsibilities and accountabilities:
Qualifications: Qualifications and experience
- Liaise with multiple internal teams within Tradeweb and occasionally external clients by building strong working relationships
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to read and analyze application logs to escalate to the relevant testing and development teams
- Good problem solving skills to provide root cause analysis of problems and workarounds.
- Application monitoring using Splunk
- Proactively assign, manage and prioritize relevant support tickets on the ticketing queue using ServiceNow
- Configuration management in multiple environments
- Support application deployment during hardware upgrades for production services
- Ability to take ownership and become subject matter experts in various parts of the system.
- In this role you will be required to work to a flexible work schedule which also includes weekend and evening duties.
- Work through Annual Disaster Recovery testing and BCP planning
Hours of Work
- Bachelors in a computing degree or engineering degree
- 0-5years experience
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment preferably Front office application support and deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Extensive experience of managing client queries and problems
- Experience of working on a n-tier architecture and complex systems
- Strong communications skills with a demonstrable ability to interact and influence at all levels within the organization
- Experience of any OOPs language (C++/Java) and scripting like Perl/Python/Powershell.
- Strong experience working with relational databases. Querying, scripting experience with SQL server 2012 preferred.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Server
- Good working knowledge of Network elements related to the web such as web proxies, https,etc
- Understanding of Infrastructure/Server components
- Experience with production environment deployments intraday or COB
- Experience of managing, owning and delivering high quality projects to objectives and within time scales
- Good working knowledge of application integration ,testing and working with APIs
- Excellent documentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Hands-on approach with ability to deliver to commitments
The candidate will be required to work on a rotating shift pattern covering the European trading day which are currently from 6:30am to 6:30pm. In addition, the candidate will be required to also provide on-call coverage for part of the Tokyo trading day. This responsibility is rotated around the team.
The shifts are to ensure coverage for the European and Asian market trading hours. System checkouts are required before the market start for each location and end of day maintenance to be performed after market close. The market trading hours are always subject to change and the Support team is required to be flexible to accommodate.
Occasional weekend and evening work will be required. About the Company:
Tradeweb Markets builds and operates many of the world's most efficient financial marketplaces, providing market participants with greater transparency and efficiency in fixed income and derivatives. Focused on applying technology to enhance efficiency throughout the trade lifecycle, Tradeweb pioneered straight-through-processing in fixed income and now supports marketplaces for over 20 asset classes with electronic execution, processing, post-trade analysis and market data in an integrated workflow. Customers rely on Tradeweb to drive the evolution of fixed income and derivatives through flexible trading architecture and more efficient, transparent markets.
Tradeweb values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. About the Company:
Tradeweb Markets Inc. (NASDAQ: TW) is a leading, global operator of electronic marketplaces for rates, credit, equities and money markets. Founded in 1996, Tradeweb provides access to markets, data and analytics, electronic trading, straight-through-processing and reporting for clients in the institutional, wholesale and retail markets. Advanced technologies developed by Tradeweb enhance price discovery, order execution and trade workflows while allowing for greater scale and helping to reduce risks in client trading operations. For more information, please go to www.tradeweb.com .