Application Support Analyst - Leading Financial Institution
- Competitive + package
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Orbis Consultants
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
We are currently assisting our client, a leading financial institution, in the search for an Application Support Analyst to provide technical support across their suite of trading technology products.
- End to end application support of products, as well as internally and externally hosted solutions.
- Hands-on fault diagnosis and resolution, process creation and optimization, knowledge sharing and delivery against agreed goals and objectives.
- Involve and drive RCA for repetitive incidents and provide solutions.
- Driving excellent levels of service to the business, effective management & technology strategy development and ownership through defined process
- Define and monitor support SLA’s.
- Define and monitor support processes and procedures.
- Client onboarding related to support and infrastructure management.
- Act as SPOC of 2-3 Products, Ownership of end to end production support, Requirement analysis and Root cause analysis.
- Mentoring and developing the support team.
- Day to day management of support team and issue and incident escalations.
- Manage level 1 and 2 support, application monitoring and track scheduled deliverables.
- Implementation of processes to monitor financial batches. Management of support of operational and technical incidents from detection through to resolution.
Key Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of ITIL practices of application / technology support to monitor, support, enhance and streamline production and application support.
- Experience managing a technical support function in a high pressure environment.
- Hands-on Oracle, PL/SQL, Unix, Shell Scripting preferred.
- Experience in delivering all aspects of production support for various applications along with some of 3rd party vendor products.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders from within financial services.
- Understanding of OTC derivatives highly desirable.