Application Security Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Thomson Reuters
- 19 Apr 19
Application Security Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters is looking for an Application Security Software Engineer to join our vulnerability management team within the Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group. This position can be based in Eagan, MN, Richmond, VA, Dallas, TX, Toronto, Canada or London, UK. We are looking for an individual that wants to be part of a tight-knit, supportive, creative, and collaborative team where we are all passionate about information security. Although the focus will be on application security and vulnerability risk management, the team will constantly be developing tools and methods of automation to facilitate this goal. The software developers across Thomson Reuters hail from a broad range of backgrounds and experience levels. For this role, a successful candidate will have a strong acumen for web-services, databases, and server-side development.
Successful candidates will typically have strong analytical and organizational skills, exceptional programming skills, a true love of building secure software of high quality, and a team spirit. A successful candidate will also be willing to perform activities outside of the vulnerability management area to support our development teams that rely on us for their software security needs. Security skills are a definite plus, but not required. Due to the nature of the security space, a successful candidate will also be dynamic and flexible and have a passion for learning new things.
Skill set should include most of the following:
- REST web services
Preferred skill set:
- Cloud Development and Deployment
- Visual Studio
- Support technician experience
- Experience with Veracode
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a highly motivated individual with strong technical skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be an energetic, self-starter, who is comfortable in a team-oriented environment including the ability to articulate daily individual accomplishments and blocking issues.
- Have an understanding of software development methodologies and the demonstrated ability to design and develop complex software systems.
- Dictate design choices where necessary to software developers or management, including platforms, coding standards, and technical implementation.
- Contribute in all aspects of an Agile software development process including design, programming, testing, documentation, quality assurance, and implementation.
- Ensure that all technical aspects of the development projects are accurately estimated and delivered to agreed timeframes and quality.
- Collaborate with end users (internal/external) on the development of requirements and design of applications (including testing).
- Provides expert technical advice to management and contributes to the technical direction to be followed for new product development.
- Looks forward to leveraging "innovation time" to work on pet projects and special areas of interest.
- 2+ years of hands-on software engineering experience or relevant internship experience
- Strong experience in automation and code scanning
- An understanding and experience in application security
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience.
Security certifications are a plus
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status
Who We Work With The Enterprise Vulnerability Management (EVM) team exists within the larger Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) organization. Within the ISRM organization, the EVM team interfaces with the Security Operations/Incident Response teams, the Cyber Threat Intelligence team, the Product Security group, the Security Architecture group, the Shared Security Services groups, the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) groups. Within the larger enterprise, the EVM team works closely with the Infrastructure, Hosting, and Networking organizations, the Business Unit organizations, and our Technology organizations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .