Application Integration Engineer – Trading Risk Controls – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Oct 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Trading Risk Controls (TRC) team has a well-established cross-asset electronic risk management platform that supports multiple business units trading Equities, Derivatives, Fixed Income, and Commodities products. The TRC team has global presence with members in Americas, Europe and Asia and is responsible for design, implementation, and deployment of risk management platforms that oversee various risk related to all products traded by our clients.
We seek a talented Systems Integration Specialist to join our team. You will be exposed to all aspects of project delivery from inception to implementation to delivery. The primary responsibility of this role is to integrate new and existing risk management applications with our trading platforms. The scope of work includes on-boarding new and enhancing existing product flows, collaborating on design and implementation of new infrastructure and functionality for the risk management and trading platform products, and driving projects in accordance with business and IT priorities.
• Interact directly with business users to gather requirements, and propose changes to products for business enablement and enhancement
• Collaborate with multiple, geographically dispersed peers to ensure we have a globally consistent risk management platform
• Implement changes in DEV and QA environment, and validate PROD implementation across various technology system components
• Drive projects from the project initiation to production implementation and level-3 post-implementation support
• Follow established firm guidelines and procedures for making changes to PROD environments
• Experience working within Financial Industry software development environment
• Good C#, Java and/or C++ skills, practical experience of writing production quality code
• Experience using Prism
• Good understanding of full software development lifecycle and tools utilized within
• Proficiency working with .Net, LINQ, Multithreading
• Prior experience working within Trading/Risk environment preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving, interpersonal presentation and analytical skills
• Ability to effectively manage time, priorities, multitask and operate within global team
• Knowledge of markets, financial systems and FIX protocol are highly desired though not required
The salary for this role is Competitive.
The closing date for applications is 01/11/2018.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1