- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Sep 18
Application Developer - APAC Data Platform # 115393
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The Apac Private Banking and Investment Banking business need to be able to ask questions of their data set that today cannot be answered. This is essentially a greenfield Big Data project to provide the business with the ability to answer those questions.
Examples of questions include :
- Target client identification and acquisition across APAC division
- Target portfolio advisory offerings with full integration with the digital private banking platform
- Risk management strategies/concentrated risk analysis
You will be expected to contribute to every aspect of the full stack delivery process. Where the process involves talking to customers, analysis of data, design, writing tests, shipping code, ad-hoc support ….. Ownership.
The culture is very much developer led, every team member writes code, and the belief is that small teams deliver the most productivity. If you are in the team you have a seat at the table and all seats are equal.
Pairing is encouraged but not mandated. The project would be considered Agile but will unlikely fit a documented methodology like scrum, xp, etc. Self-governing teams find what process suits them best and it is rarely the same across different projects.
- The customers are in APAC.
- There are strict regulations relating to certain aspects of the data availability.
- The existing architectural landscape is vast, diverse and has varying degrees of legacy status.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- A strong demonstration of the philosophy of agile software delivery
- Java / Scala application development experience
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Big Data, high availability, Hadoop, security, distributed systems, continuous delivery.
For more information visit Technology Careers .