Android Developer - Private Wealth Management - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Consumer & Wealth Management Division:
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals.
Private Wealth Management Digital Engineering Team:
- The Private Wealth management (PWM) business under Consumer Wealth Management division provides comprehensive Investment Management services and advice across a full-range of asset classes for very high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to service clients. This platform helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
- Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
We are looking for someone to join the PWM Digital Engineering team within CWM.
PWM Digital team of engineers develops integrated, web & mobile based solutions and strategic middleware services that provide PWM Sales Teams and Clients with detailed information on their financial portfolio & analytics, social collaboration platform and access to GS services and insights. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems and have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
This role offers the opportunity to work with a nimble team of developers supporting the website, Goldman.com, used by firm's ultra-high net worth clients. We are looking to build best in class communications experience and collaboration between clients and advisors. Candidates will work directly with a variety of stakeholders, including ultra-high net worth product team, visual design team, operations team, and highly skilled engineering team and help in evolving and executing on the firm's digital strategy. The communications team is highly engaged in building a brand new Digital Vault, and continuously enhancing the Document Center so clients can review all their documents at one central place. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Private Wealth Management
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
The Private Wealth Management Group (PWM) within GS develops and manages relationships with wealthy individuals and family groups, advising them on ways in which to build and protect their financial assets through equity, fixed income, alternative investments and other financial instruments. The successful candidate will join the global PWM Digital team. We develop digital solutions to help clients connect and engage with Goldman Sachs. We work closely with our business partners to streamline business workflows and drive growth. Currently, we are focused on building out our next generation mobile products spanning both iOS and Android platforms. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The PWM team is actively seeking a Head of Android with proven industry experience. The ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor, positive team player and willing to get things done.
• Strong computer science fundamentals are key to success in this role
• We need an Android expert who can build off the success of our Android Application and be a part of defining and building brand new features
• We have a lot to build for our users, and as a new company with a fresh code base, we have many opportunities to build and establish great engineering practices and solutions on top of a solid foundation
• Our goal in engineering is to facilitate the creative, iterative and data driven creation of best in class digital investment experience. Your ideas and input are valued and the code you write will be used by clients around the world and help redefine the firm. The more you are engaged and take ownership, the more you are able to guide and influence what we do. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience in native Android development
• Strong knowledge of material design Preferred Qualifications
• Ability to architect applications that interface with REST APIs, persist data and present information to complex UI layouts applying solid software patterns and architecture appropriate for Android
• Experience building modular, reusable and tested code
• Experience with unit, integration and UI testing
• Experience avoiding massive activities and understanding of concurrency, memory management, retain cycles, data modeling and using stable third party libraries to build excellent solutions rapidly
• Ability to lead features from inception to deployment and passion for getting your hands dirty in code and technical problems
• Knowledge of the latest Android technologies
• Experience with Kotlin
• Extensive experience in all the core Android technologies and popular third party toolsets ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity