Android Chapter Lead
Android Chapter Lead Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBCâ€™s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the worldâ€™s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Android Chapter Lead
to join HSBC Technology.
The organisation is pursuing a â€Mobile-Centricâ€™ approach in which an â€Everyday Bankingâ€™ app sits at the centre of a multi-channel customer offering. We are embedding a mobile-first into the fabric of the business, creating and continuously improving mobile as a platform to serve content, features and journeys to our customers.
The mobile team own several global HSBC banking apps, responsible for key channels for millions of our customers. Our mobile teams are based at HSBC Digital hubs across the UK, India, Hong Kong and China. What you will be doing;
The Android Chapter Lead in the Mobile CFT is a passionate, inspiring technologist who leads by example, championsâ€™ innovation and quality and knows how to deliver. Reporting to the Global CTO of Mobile, the role has responsibility for establishing and maintaining the community of Android engineering professionals within the Mobile CFT and beyond on a global basis; as well as establishing and governing the patterns and practices for Android engineering in HDS. Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience and Qualifications;
- Establish and maintain the community of Android engineers across the Mobile CFT, HDS and beyond
- Lead (and govern the adoption of) the definition of the 'HSBC way' of engineering Android mobile apps
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices within the Android engineering community
- Participate in broader discussions about mobile software architecture and grow the technical expertise of the Android engineering community
- Work closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver world-class tools and capabilities for our Android engineering community
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience as Lead or Senior Android Engineer in a large-scale mobile engineering environment and have demonstrated strong leadership skills while working with engineers
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile and DevOps environment
- Track record of identifying and implementing opportunities to enable Android engineers to develop more productively and with high quality and previous knowledge on collaborating effectively across multiple engineering centers in multiple territories
- Excellent communication skills, methodical with attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently and without supervision and Influence and champion new ideas and methods
- Comfortable challenging peers and senior personnel in a positive way to improve possible outcomes
- Tenacity to cut through protracted governance and process
These roles will primarily be London site based at our cutting edge Technology Centre in the Bluefin building, Southwark. Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
HSBC offers the opportunity to develop a fulfilling career within a supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to be a place where everyone can achieve their full potential, regardless of their background. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.