Analyst / Associate / Front Office Model Governance
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
See job description for details
We're hiring at Analyst or Associate level into the Front Office Model Governance team in London
- This is an opportunity to join a team in NatWest Markets Quantitative Analytics that drives the model governance agenda
- You'll work on projects to build tools and automate processes to support proactive and effective model governance
- The role is available at either Analyst or Associate level
What you'll do
This role will see you assisting the Head of Front Office Model Governance in driving the model governance agenda within NatWest Markets, encompassing all end-of-day valuation, intraday decision making models, eTrading models and capital models as well as emerging programmes such as the fundamental review of the trading book. You'll help to build out processes, methodologies and a toolset to create a proactive model governance framework, and will engage with stakeholders across the business, control functions, audit and regulators to set the model governance agenda.
Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Support business as usual, activities including production of accurate model MI, controls and governance committee packs
- Supporting the Front Office Model Risk Committee's effective operation
- Assisting quant team leads in running individual asset level governance committees
- Helping to ensure that all NatWest Markets models are well governed and compliant with all mandatory procedures, policies and regulations
- Interacting with trading, market risk, model risk, finance and RBS model governance to ensure effective control and assessment of model risk
- Maintaining relevant procedures, standards and policies in line wider bank policy and regulatory obligations
- Providing necessary support during the model governance annual audit and any regulatory assessment
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong numeracy skills developed studying for an undergraduate degree in a STEM subject. While not essential, previous experience in a quant or model risk governance role would be desirable, as would programming skills, such as Python or VBA, and some understanding of the regulatory environment.
We'll also be looking for:
- Some knowledge of derivative products, quantitative modelling or eTrading
- The proven ability to complete projects and maintain good attention to detail while working to tight timeframes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting the Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".