Analyst / Associate (Special Situations/NPL)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Position Overview
This position will form part of the special situations and NPL acquisition team for PIMCO in Europe. This team is active in sourcing, underwriting, executing and managing both public and private transactions across a wide range of markets in EMEA.
The team deploys capital for a number of funds across asset classes and within capital structures (private equity, public equity, mezzanine, senior debt and structured finance).
The Analyst will work with all members of the team, focusing on financial underwriting and gaining exposure to all aspects of the investment process.
- Develop and maintain cash flow models for potential investments
- Prepare investment memos to be presented to PIMCO investment committees
- Assist with due diligence relating to new investments, including the formulation and review of business plans and coordination of legal, technical and commercial underwriting
- Support financing activities for both new and existing investments, including evaluation of different financing options, legal coordination and negotiation with lenders
- Conduct market research in order to identify new investment opportunities / themes
- Preference for university degree in mathematical, financial, economic or engineering related subject
- Strong financial modelling skills
- At least 1 year relevant experience in a principal investment related team (e.g., M&A/Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Strategy Consulting, Whole Loan Portfolio Acquisition).
- Strong work ethic and integrity: candidate should be a team player who is proactive, self-motivated and have a deep intellectual curiosity and desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Additional European languages a plus