A tier-1 American investment bank is making a double hire into their London team. This team focuses on mid-to-large cap deals across multiple sectors and European jurisdictions as well as cross-border deals.
- 2-5 years in a Leveraged Finance team with experience in origination, structuring and execution of LBO transactions.
- Ability to build complex financial models with focus on cashflow based lending – this is tested in the application process to determine seniority.
- Strong business acumen with a practical understanding of commercial terms and credit risk.
- Business Analysis: Research potential targets and contribute to company, market and valuation, (debt and equity) analysis.
- Due Diligence: Review full suite of reports and ensure findings are represented in the credit pack/ sensitivity analysis
- Financial Modelling: Verification of financial analysis and models prepared correctly and ensured accuracy. Recommend appropriate sensitivities based on credit analysis, internal discussions and due diligence findings.
- Presentations: Prepare pitch book presentations and deliver to clients with support from seniors.
- Credit Papers: Preparation of credit papers and presentation of the deal outline to the credit committee.
- Covenants: Verify accuracy of the covenant model and ensure that the method of calculation is consistent with the covenant definitions contained in the loan agreement. Agree appropriate headroom levels with the sponsor with support from senior colleagues if required.
- Legal: Support seniors on the preparation and mark up of term sheets. Review loan documentation and follow negotiations to build up knowledge.
- Syndication: Responsible for working within the deal team to prepare the syndication materials. Take responsibility for answering investor questions, referring to seniors if necessary.