We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
Overview of CIB Credit for EMEA (“CIB Credit”) :
Virtual credit office combined by Credit Office for EMEA and Structured Finance Credit Office for EMEA under single leadership, responsible for corporate banking credit for non-Japanese corporates, non-Japanese FIs, and non-Japanese Sovereigns (collectively Global Corporates), and structured finance.
Overview of Credit Office for EMEA (“ECrO”):
ECrO is a 2nd Line of Defence (“2LoD”) function responsible for corporate banking credit for non-Japanese corporates, non-Japanese FIs, and non- Japanese Sovereigns (collectively Global Corporates).
Its major functions are outlined as follows:
- Assessment and management of credit risks and related risks
- Assessment and management of country risks
- Management of problematic assets
- Monitoring, reporting and early action
- Portfolio analysis and management
Overview of Structured Finance Credit Office (“SFCO”)
SFCO (formally known as Investment Banking Credit Division) is a 2LoD function responsible for analysing, approving, sanctioning and monitoring the credit quality of structured finance transactions, including;
- Project Finance
- Structured Trade Finance
- Aircraft Finance
- Asset-backed Finance (inc. Securitisation)
SFCO is a global department, office being located in Tokyo, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Frankfurt and London. London office (SFCO (EMEA)) is responsible for the EMEA region and we work closely to ensure global consistency in credit approvals.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To provide general administrative work
- To assist planning work
- Provide general administrative support across CIB Credit for EMEA including but not limited to;
- Due date control for credit applications / borrower ratings / conditions, instructions & report required.
- Meetings and business travelling arrangement
- Expense control, procurement, payments & invoicing
- Manual input into database
- Prepare various reports to Tokyo and EMEA headquarter (regular and ad-hoc base).
- Assist head of Planning & Administration to provide planning support under his/her instruction
- Experience in business supporting role [at financial industry].
- Good understanding of [Japanese] banking business ethic.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point and Access database
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Good communication skills in Japanese (written and verbal)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, flexible and motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements