Analyst, Software Developer Integration ESB
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
Analyst, Software Developer Integration ESBRequisition ID
VP, Human Resources & Corporate Services
Dept. / Bus. Group
MD IT Office
Posting End Date
Interested in joining a growing team that embraces Agile ways of working, autonomy and automation?
The EBRD Applications and Integration team, responsible for application development, support and maintenance, is growing and looking for a talented Software Developer to join the team. We are all working together to
achieve one shared objective, to successfully deliver our Tech2020 strategic plan. This will bring our IT provision, processes and practices up to the standard a modern financial institution should expect. We celebrate and acknowledge successes and where we make mistakes we discuss and learn from them. We have created an environment where we embrace innovation and automation, share knowledge and welcome diversity in all forms.
The Analyst, Software Developer is responsible for implementation, support and maintenance of the Bank's applications and analytic tools, supporting Banking, Treasury, Risk, Finance, Corporate and other teams in the execution of their business processes. The role involves applying both business and technical expertise to deliver customer focused support and development services, potentially in a DevOps pipeline with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), but also facilitating manual deployment for legacy applications where necessary.
The individual will be expected to adhere to the core principles of the IT department, these include, but are not limited to - putting our users first; delivering technology that is useful, elegant and reliable; knowledgeable and engaging about both technology and our business; reliable and effective in both provision and execution; innovative and inquisitive; integral to the success of the Bank.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a department that is transitioning to modern ways of working, is innovative and inquisitive, embraces automation and cloud services and is integral to the success of the Bank and its mission.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Deliver working software in line with agreed quality and risk standards
- Maintain expected service levels of the key applications you support and maintain
- Follow defined working practices, standards, processes and practices.
- Contribute to the community of practice
- Follow standard development working practices e.g.
- Participate in all the daily and weekly ceremonies
- Test driven development, Behaviour driven development, Test Automation, Secure by design
- Work with users from business teams and Product Owner, as appropriate, to understand user needs and develop appropriately innovative and practical solutions.
- Estimate with team colleagues, such as, Business Analyst (BA), Quality Assurer (QA), developers.
- Work closely with team members to build or enhance systems.
- Liaise with members of the Infrastructure and Operations team, as necessary to ensure consistent implementation of features into a test and production environment, either via associated DevOps tooling, or manually as appropriate.
- Delivering operational delivery automation and continuous improvement in conjunction with DevOps suppliers and IT Operations.
- Follow the Internal control processes and ensure completion on time and with accuracy
- Help the team to succeed at all times and continuously improve
- Motivate self to continually reflect and adapt to improve quality and delivery cadence
- Liaise with external stakeholders (consultancy firms, software vendors, service providers, etc.) to ensure that technical deliverables are progressed optimally and appropriately;
- Participate in the technical development programme in order to ensure that system changes, patches, enhancements and developments are sound, support the Bank's operational priorities and are conducted according to the Bank's and IT's procedures.
- Provide production support coverage of business application responsible incidents as required
- Help others, by undertaking general tasks not related to core discipline if required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of developing and maintaining software in a formal system using source control management and controlled gates with relevant artefacts to support design, quality and support.
- Being persistent and resilient
- Possesses strong investigative and analytical qualities
- Experience delivering test automation or frameworks
- Excellent communicator in English - both written and verbal.
- A team player with a positive and constructive attitude towards work and colleagues.
- A diligent and conscientious approach to completing work on time and to an agreed, acceptable level of quality is required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience and it is desirable to have has an appropriate certification relating to the technical specialism that the role requires.
3.2 Integration, ESB Developer
- Subject matter expert for design and development for TIBCO and data integration
- Good experience of TIBCO installation, product configuration and service delivery experience.
- Good experience of TIBCO BusinessWorks, 6.x essential
- Good experience of TIBCO Business Event, ActiveSpaces, and AMX Adapter for SAP, EMS
- Good supporting TIBCO components on a Unix / Linux platform
- Good at defining or implementing code versioning and documentation
- Experience of XML, HTTP, SOAP, JSON, XSD design an advantage
- Good of SOA design patterns and principles
- Previous experience of working with MS SQL Server desirable
- Good in BMC Control-M
- Experience in finance services
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Developer, ERP, Bank, Banking, System Administrator, Technology, Finance