Overview of the Department/Section
The Information Data Management department is responsible for data management and MI production across all international subsidiaries of MUSHD. The mandate for the department is to:
• Develop a business led, technology enabled data strategy and roadmap for delivery of data management target state
Develop a data governance framework and establish data related policies and procedures to improve the value of data as an enterprise asset
• Source, validate and maintain master data repositories of market and reference data
• Agree data quality standards with business owners and track metrics and continuously improve data processes
• Investigate and analyse data issues, identify the root cause and recommend control improvements
• Develop and support an MI platform optimised for the aggregation of data and the reporting of processed and analysed information
• Deliver accurate, timely and insightful MI to the international business to support executive decision making and to meet statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
The Data Management team has two main sections:
• Market Data: Includes EOD pricing, IPV prices, time series, corporate actions and curve construction
• Reference Data: Includes organisational, common reference, client and instrument data
Main Purpose of the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our instrument & organisational data team. The successful candidate will play a key role in the daily instrument data process by ensuing data is processed in a timely and accurate fashion, while driving improvements and facilitating change. Our team is responsible for all types of instrument data across asset classes providing an excellent opportunity for exposure to front office, P&L, Operations and Risk management functions. The implementation of a strategic Enterprise Data Management system where our team is playing a key role will provide the opportunity to the individual to contribute to the successful path towards an international data model which is essential for the firm’s success.
In this role, you will be responsible for instrument data processes across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
• To work as a team member in the Shared Services; Data Management section within the Information Data Management department
• To support the Master Data Strategy
• To ensure all instrument and organisational data captured is accurate, reliable and serves cross-functional and cross-entity purposes
• To ensure the overall instrument and organisational data management process is optimised and efficient
• To Identify technical or process improvements to enhance efficiency and reduce operational risk
• To ensure that desk procedures are kept up to date and that improvements are made when necessary in an effort to improve efficiency
• To review proactively the data management process and report any issues, overcome problems, recommend possible actions
• To prepare and be responsible for daily management reports in regards to data input
• Responsibility for sourcing, cleansing, validating, and distributing instrument and organisational data
• To build positive and pro-active working relationships with the key stakeholders across the business
• Active involvement in key department and firm projects and initiatives aiming at benefits realisation and control
Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) in a Bachelors in Finance/Mathematics/Physics/Economics or equivalent
• Relevant qualifications/accreditations e.g. CFA. (Beneficial).
• A minimum 2 years instrument data expertise gained through relevant functional experience.
• Detailed practical / working knowledge of the issues / challenges associated with instrument data.
• Excellent knowledge of instrument set up (mainly fixed income products and derivatives).
• Desirable experience; Gloss, TLM/Algo, Murex, Markit EDM.
• Experience of working with stakeholders at various levels.
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
• Strong team player with a professional approach
• Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem solving skills
• A creative and innovative approach to work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong analytical/numerical skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel essential, VBA beneficial)
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.