Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
ESFO is a market leading Project Finance business. Alongside Project Finance (within ESFO) there is also a Housing Finance business which covers UK housing associations.
Project Finance incorporates Infrastructure, Energy (power and renewables) and Natural Resources. Infrastructure covers, amongst others, transportation (rail, road, ports & airports) and social sectors (health & education) across greenfield and brownfield asset classes.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Providing support to enable the development, execution and management of the project finance debt and advisory products across the Natural Resources, Advisory, Infrastructure (including Housing) and Power & Renewables teams.
- Conduct product and market research from a range of generalised and specialist sources, extracting relevant information and summarising data to inform decision making at more senior levels.
- Use existing models to analyse product performance, identifying simple patterns and trends to support decisions relating to product development or marketing.
- Work with colleagues in the Credit function to co-ordinate the production of credit applications with some responsibility for more generic sections using a standard template to inform investment decisions.
- Liaise with clients at a counterpart level to relay specific information and respond to routine queries ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Build relationships throughout the Bank to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Conduct initial compliance checks in line with internal and external processes and procedures.
- Develop a practical understanding of all core systems and procedures within ESFO and how they link into standard systems in order to respond to enquiries.
- Assist in the preparation of marketing materials (including proposals and pitches).
- Some previous experience working in project finance but not essential
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of credit, risk management, market and legal aspects of project finance
- Understanding of internal systems and procedures
- Analytical skills including the ability to run simple financial models
- Clear communication skills
- Sound IT knowledge and skills
- Quantitative / numerical skills
- Interpersonal skills
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree Level and/or relevant industry expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.