As an established and well trained corporate finance or consulting Analyst, this is a great opportunity to specialise in the private equity industry's fund placement and secondaries advisory domain. It's a critical link in the flow of PE capital, best suited to those who enjoy balancing sell-side relationship management with financial and investment analysis. Our client is a leading London boutique in this field, seeking a new Analyst hire amongst ongoing, organic growth.
Operating globally, our client's international team advises their clients in raising private equity funds and executing secondary transactions. Professionals work closely together across the business, whilst maintaining day to day responsibility for either primary fundraisings or secondary transactions.
As an Analyst, you will be involved in many aspects of the business including primary origination, due diligence, financial analysis, fund documentation and secondary transaction execution. You are also likely to be given substantial exposure to clients and transactions.
In order to support the distribution of private equity fund mandates and the execution of secondary transactions, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing for, attending and co-ordinating follow-up actions for client meetings;
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation for the marketing of private equity funds, including the presentation, private placement memorandum, due diligence questionnaire, and track record and portfolio company analysis;
- Coordinating secondary sales processes by conducting portfolio analysis, liaising with investors, tracking pricing data and creating bespoke bid reports throughout the auction process;
- Conducting various equity and debt market research and financial analysis;
- Managing data room documentation and investor access for primary fundraising mandates and secondary transactions; and
- Maintaining internal databases, CRM system input, investor profiles and weekly client reporting.
Candidates will have a solid academic background and a minimum of two years’ experience and training in an analytical role in investment banking, private equity, consulting or corporate finance.
Additional important criteria are:
- A high level of self-motivation, strong interpersonal skills, great attention to detail, ability to work independently and suited to working in a small and entrepreneurial company;
- A highly analytical and numerate mindset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- An interest in and knowledge of the private equity industry and capital markets. Financial sponsor coverage or private equity experience is beneficial but not required.