Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
EBD Financial Institutions Team is the coverage team for non-Japanese Financial Institutions in EMEA.
The team has the responsibility to expand business in the Financial Institution Sector by collaborating with various stakeholders not only from the Bank but also MUSE and MUTB (Trust Bank).
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- This position is to provide support to relationship mangers to enable effective business promotion and management of client relationship in the FI Team
The responsibilities involve, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in preparing presentation materials, pitch books, term sheets to enable effective marketing to the clients
- Maintain a close and open relationship with both team and product office, ensuring good (two-way) information flow and access to clients.
- Optimize marketing effort by proactive collaboration with Product Teams (EIBD, MUSE, ETBO, EGMD, MUTB) and other stakeholders in order to enhance cross sell opportunities in coordination with and guidance from the relationship managers;
- Ensure call reports, KYC, credit processing/reviews, and all other administrative tasks are managed properly within the prescribed time frame.
- Finding and providing solutions to client’s issues and claims in coordination with the relevant product teams and RM’s
- Assisting with the negotiation of documentation related to live deals and co-ordination with the necessary teams to do so
This position also involves management information data collection, analysis and timely reporting to the management related to financial institutions business (FI Business).
From time to time, the Analyst may be asked by EBD FI Management to work on initiatives relevant to the FI business where appropriate.
- Basic Banking business experience (Loan, Deposit, Trade Finance, etc.) operation and RM supporting role
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Some experience of working within a financial institution
- Some understanding of the internal workings of a bank
Fluency in English, written and spoken
Education / Qualifications:
- University degree, or equivalent experience in area of expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.