Analyst (Financial Crimes Audit)
EMEA Internal Audit Office (EIAO), as the Bank’s third Line of Defence, and in accordance with the Global Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards (IIA Standards), provides independent assurance to the Board and Executive Management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the Bank’s objectives.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
MUFG is embarking on a multi-year transformation to globalize the Internal Audit function. Financial Crimes Audit is one of the first areas globalised under this transformation. An exciting new opportunity has therefore emerged for an Analyst (Auditor) to join MUFG and Internal Audit in London or Amsterdam, as we build towards a best in class, global Internal Audit function and the Financial Crimes Audit Team. Reporting into the audit director, for regional financial crimes in London, the auditor will support risk assessment, annual planning and audit execution, in close collaboration with the MBE Internal Audit team in Amsterdam and other colleagues across the globe.
The position is primarily responsible for execution of assigned audits, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking and follow-up.
Covers staff responsible for independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to improve a firm's operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Special reviews may also be conducted as requested by senior management and incumbents may also be involved in strategic business reviews. May also be responsible for liaising with the risk and compliance functions. Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. Individual at this level is expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. Individual would be expected to contribute to work flow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific product or process. May also be accountable for regular reporting or process administration as owner.
Execute an efficient and effective program of audit work including aspects such as:
- Participate in interviews of process owners to develop understanding of business processes, client’s business
- Identify potential risks and controls
- Evaluate internal controls design and effectiveness
- Identify control weaknesses and suggest appropriate remediation
- Document results using appropriate business and technical language in work paper system
- Report findings and client issues to Engagement Lead and assist in drafting these (with support).
- Complete work on a timely basis and with high quality Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
- Build relationships with peers and clients within organization Act as a role model and continuously improve self and department
- Travel is required for the position, with an estimated range of 10-40% varying on the location of the incumbent and key staff and stakeholder and audit geographies.
- Experience of working in a similar audit function and supporting the planning of audits with the Audit Directors/Senior Audit Managers / Heads of Audit and assist on their respective portfolios, risk universe sections, risk assessments and audit plans where required.
- May be set appropriate continuous monitoring assignments by the Head of Audit.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with key stakeholders so that audit planning and delivery is achieved smoothly and professionally.
- Execute and deliver audit engagements (particularly planning and fieldwork) to the required methodology standard.
- Promote the implementation of best practice throughout the team by developing a good understanding of the audit methodology.
- Have an appreciation of risk and control in banking.
- May have responsibility for discussing draft Management Action Plans directly with stakeholders. May be involved in the testing of remediated controls and closure of issues.
- Provide support on broader team initiatives across internal audit, such as working groups.
- Experience of working in a similar audit function for a major corporate/investment bank.
- Big ‘4’ experience of internal and/or external audit in financial services
- Experience with auditing (3rd line) and testing (2nd line) of Financial Crimes Compliance programs.
- Experience in Financial Crimes through various capacities (e.g., attorneys, law enforcement, auditing, investigations, consulting, risk management).
- Good understanding of current Financial Crimes rules, regulations, and expectations relevant to the business within region.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of auditing methods and industry practices.
- An understanding of banking and financial services is required.
- Knowledge of corporate and investment banking, compliance and other risks.
- Strong acumen regarding auditing methods and industry practises is preferred.
Education / Qualifications:
- Higher education or equivalent industry experience.
- Relevant industry qualifications e.g. CIA, ACCA are desirable but not essential.
- Relevant financial crime qualifications e.g. ICA/ACAMs are desirable but not essential.
- Project Management qualification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised Environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (including Microsoft visio and excel)