Who we're looking for
We are looking for a business focused Analyst Developer to join the Risk and Analytics Data team. Within Global Data Solutions we have a remit to deliver Risk, Analytics and Attribution data sets to both Investment and non-Investment users. This facilitates client and ad-hoc reporting and downstream business processes. Typically the solutions provided in this group are complimentary to data sets from Aladdin.
We need someone who is comfortable engaging with Business users, understanding their requirement and use of data, and translating into Technical requirements. Understand the importance of governance and standards, balanced against constant demand for delivery.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We provide industry leading benefits from core components of pension, life assurance and private health care, through to an extensive range of Health and Wellbeing benefits, gym membership in London and an Employee Assistance Programme to improve both the physical and mental wellbeing of our teams.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
The team is uniquely positioned as a central store of time series data sets for Risk, Analytics and Attribution. We have detailed understanding of our data sets allowing us to be reactive and aligned to our user requirements where we are capable of rapid data integration of new data feed and reporting solutions. We enjoy solving problems together and are focused on delivering value to our clients.
We are currently delivering projects across the Business (Fixed Income / Equity / Multi Asset / Group Risk) on initiative for new business, decommissioning, data enablement and infrastructure improvements.
What you'll do
Representing the team to multiple stakeholders across the business on numerous projects to ensure the delivery of data and reporting solutions to deliver business benefit. Key aspects of the role will include;
• Development of functional, business and technical requirements into flexible, strategic solutions
• Performing analysis to support the requirement and evaluate the viability of the solution
• Work closely with the analyst, test and support teams to understand and deliver the requirement
• Working closely with Business users to analyse and turn functional, business and technical requirements into flexible, strategic solutions
• Perform data analysis to support the requirement and evaluate the viability of the solution
• Contributing to agile planning, including creating, refining, sizing and parsing user stories into achievable tasks etc.
• Offer data consultancy to business and technology stakeholders
• Support the full project lifecycle through to implementation
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Strong SQL database development skills
• Able to deliver well structured and tested software
• Working with senior stakeholders and users
• Logical, structured thought processes and good problem-solving
• Relationship management and business engagement
• Track-record of delivery within large programmes
• Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills where it is their non-core specialism
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Development experience using .Net and Azure solutions
• Familiar with Agile delivery methodologies (ideally SAFe)
• Experience in DevOps, automated deployments, and source control tools (ideally Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy and GIT)
• Able to engage with stakeholders in both Business and Technology
• Multi-disciplined and able to provide support throughout SDLC
• Knowledge of test automation techniques, such as TDD and BDD
• Capable of balancing timely delivery against strategic development
• Detailed and logical approach with full traceability of analysis
• Pro-active and delivery-focused
• Experience and understanding of Risk, Analytics and Attribution
• Experience of Financial Services and data knowledge.
• Experience working with Aladdin
• Knowledge and experience of data visualisation tooling, preferably Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop
What you'll be like
An Analyst Developer is a collaborative and self organising individual, who has an eye for continuous improvement and will look to grow and improve the product, its capabilities and the teams skillsets.
• A team oriented individual who is pro-active and delivery-focused
• Flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn
• A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
• Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
• Keen to improve what we do for our clients
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.