Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Client On-Boarding team is part of Client Management Services, which is situated within the Corporate and Investment Banking Division of MUFG Bank. However, this function acts as a centralized 1st line support team, providing support to Corporate & Investment Banking in EMEA, Capital Markets and MUFG Securities both in London and in Amsterdam.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This individual will be responsible for conducting periodic KYC reviews for all MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities Financial Institution clients, as well as some Corporate clients (existing business relationships).This includes; Customer Due Diligence, Screening (Bribery, Corruption, Adverse Media & sanctions), regulatory classification and suitability assessments.
The population of clients under review will generally be Financial Institutions, of all different complexities, although there will also be a subset of Corporate Clients that fall into this book of work too.
A key aspect to this role is the effective resource and capacity management, stakeholder management, and a drive to improve the service provided to the customer and the business
In this role, you will be responsible for KYC across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
- Ensure that “Know you Customer” due diligence reviews are completed within the prescribed review cycle in order to comply with the Bank’s AML policy and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist the business where changes occur to existing customer profiles, by taking appropriate actions (i.e. Event Driven Reviews, escalations).
- Complete relevant Bribery and Corruption checks for prospective transactions for existing clients in order to identify potential reputational, business and sanction risks.
- Maintain accurate records of customer categorisation and suitability assessments on all applicable customers, to ensure that the products/services that we are providing to the customer are suitable, appropriate and in line with the requirements of MiFiD, EMIR, Dodd Frank Act and all other applicable regulations.
- Pursue Lean-On-Boarding; actively seek out opportunities to improve the on-boarding process; including the strengthening controls and improving efficiency.
- Drive to build knowledge within the Anti-Money Laundering sector and to understand the rationale for underlying policy requirements.
- As part of the periodic review/event driven review process; be vigilant to Identify and escalate risks/issues to line management.
- Assist other members of the team and work on ad hoc projects where necessary.
- Experience in Anti Money Laundering, fraud and bribery or Financial Crime roles [BENEFICIAL]
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Awareness of UK & European Anti-Money Laundering regulations [BENEFICIAL]
- Attention to detail is essential [ESSENTIAL]
- Technical knowledge of Financial Institutions [ESSENTIAL]
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree Level or relevant industry experience [BENEFICIAL]
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.