Analyst - Real Estate
Who we're looking for
Schroders Capital Real Estate is seeking a post-graduate real estate analyst to work across multiple UK real estate funds and commercial real estate sectors. You will be responsible for modelling fund projected performance, asset level business plans, cashflow and income projections, fund weightings, and projected transactional or strategic impacts. You will also be inputting into investor and internal reporting preparations.
About Schroders Capital Real Estate
Our Real Estate department is an integral part of Schroders Capital, the private market investment division of Schroders, and constitutes an important focus of the Group's strategy for expansion.
Schroders Capital is one of Europe's largest real estate managers with deep real estate expertise on the ground across real estate sectors. Investment strategies are offered in a broad range of open and closed ended funds, listed REITS, specialist funds, joint ventures, separate accounts and real estate debt.
The Real Estate team is highly experienced in real estate fund management, research, acquisitions, asset management and strategy and is comprised of over 200 people operating from offices across the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and North America.
Our investment philosophy is centred on consistent themes including investing in strong fundamentals, actively managing portfolios and delivering positive environmental and social impact. We adopt a research-driven and market-focused investment approach. Our dedicated Real Estate Research team identifies those sectors, cities and real estate characteristics expected to outperform, ensuring portfolios can benefit from structural change.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. We also have a growing office in Manchester where 7 UK real estate staff are based.
What you'll do
• Be responsible for updating the excel based quarterly fund model - analysing income projections, cashflow requirements, market and transactional impacts
• Managing monthly capital expenditure schedules
• Consolidating and analysing monthly arrears and bad debt impacts on distribution
• Reporting on debt requirements (where applicable)
• Providing assistance to the relevant fund manager on portfolio statistics required for investor reporting
• Supporting the annual business plan process, requiring collation of asset level business plan outputs to form the basis of the fund strategy statement
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Strong excel modelling skills
• Knowledge of the commercial real estate markets and sectors
• Innovative and analytical with good attention to detail, and clear in providing outputs and rationale
• Confident in taking ownership of your objectives and efficiently managing your time to meet deadlines
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Able to use Argus
• Real estate, accounting and/or financial qualifications
• Higher education qualifications
What you'll be like
• Clear and demonstratable interest in real estate and a career in asset management
• Professional with a high standard of personal integrity
• Highly numerical, diligent, organised
• Good communicator
• Curious and ambitious
• A team player, with a strong work ethic and commitment to the role, with an ability to perform under pressure
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.