- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 21 Jan 18
Analyst - KYC / AML
Join a global team performing critical compliance with regulations at Associate level
The Market Operations Division (MOD) provides a key segregated control function for institutional and corporate businesses built on strong operational risk management and a control culture that is both consistent and resilient. MOD is currently seeking to recruit for new permanent roles based in London. You will be joining our dynamic and fast-paced Counterparty Lifecycle Management (CLM) team during a time of growth and innovative change with new strategic initiatives. The team leads the KYC process for new and existing customers to fulfil regulatory requirements across international jurisdictions so that Macquarie Group can engage with clients in a risk-compliant manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing KYC checks in accordance with AML policies and jurisdictional Customer Identification Programme (CIP) manuals
- Addressing regulatory requirements, such as, FATCA, CRS, Dodd-Frank, EMIR and MiFID
- Conducting screening of entities and individuals against sanctions, adverse news and politically-exposed persons lists
- Escalating red flags and due diligence findings to the Financial Crime Compliance team
- Leveraging the public domain when undertaking research to collect and verify customer information from reputable sources
- Working directly with business-aligned relationship managers to request documentation from sales representatives, traders or from the client directly. There is scope to become a relationship manager immediately depending on suitability and shortly thereafter based off performance.
- Managing new client onboarding and KYC refresh cases end-to-end according to varying prioritisation metrics
- Problem solving and working with Compliance, Legal, Tax and other support groups to resolve potential issues
- Ensuring adherence to internal and external policies and procedures with a risk mindset
To be successful in the role, you will be enthusiastic, flexible and able to demonstrate initiative in a challenging and varied role. You will also have:
- Education: consistent academic record with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a similar role or an equivalent operational or client-service role. Entry-level candidates are also encouraged to apply provided that they have developed the requisite transferable skills.
- Familiarity with KYC/AML rules and regulations with exposure to international jurisdictions being highly desirable*
- Organisation and prioritisation skills to manage multiple tasks with resilience to changing priorities
- Research and analytical skills with the ability to summarise complex findings
- Confidence in interacting with all levels of staff including senior management in both the Business and support groups
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Personal drive to exceed expectations with a focus on continuous self-improvement to drive your own career development, learning and progression
- Intermediate level of computer literacy in basic applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc). Competency with VBA or SQL coding is a desirable skill in one suitable candidate
- A cultural driver with a keen interest in fully immersing yourself in new activities, initiatives and projects across the team and more broadly across the division
*though not essential if you are an entry-level candidate
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.